CHAPTER 10 - EXPOSED FEARS

Solid reached the ground floor and moved towards the pink haired nurse. As he approached her, the nurse smiled.

"Things going well Ash?"

"Pretty well I must say. Oh and call me Solid from now on."

"Okay, no problem. So what can I do for you Solid?"

"Not much, just here's Richie's room key. He won't be needing it since we're sharing my room, or pent house I should say. Also, why would President Goodshow give me such a large suite?"

"Maybe because he's a fan? I'm not too sure, but you were always a popular trainer at all the tournaments you participated in. Maybe he knew you would come to this one and wanted you to have a good time so you keep coming back. Many it's a publicity and money making thing. Honestly, there could be a million reasons," finished Nurse Joy.

"Hmm….maybe. I wanted to know why but I guess you make sense. Thanks Nurse Joy."

"Oh just call me Joy, Solid." Joy's face flushed pink.

"Ah, okay, if you want me to. So, ah, Joy, have any other trainers registered yet?"

"Oh just a couple. It's still barely 10am right now. I'll probably get a mad rush around lunch time."

"Okay. Thanks…"

Suddenly, two flashes of light brightened the area for a second and Lucario and Gardevoir appeared beside him. Pikachu unzipped himself from Solid's backpack and got back on his shoulder, stretching.

"Hey Pikachu, sorry buddy, it took so long and I kind of forgot you were in there. You were so quiet."

Pikachu gave him a little shock and Joy giggled. "Pi pika chu chu pi kachu pika."

"Alright I'm sorry, it won't happen again. But you were napping so what did it matter?"

"Chu!" Pikachu crossed his arms and turned away. Solid chuckled.

"Alright alright, it does matter. Sorry bud. How about some ketchup for an apology?" Pikachu quickly nuzzled his cheek against Solid's hair in gratitude and accepted the apology.

"Joy, can you get me some ketchup please?"

"Sure thing Solid. Just give me a moment." Joy disappeared behind a door to get the ketchup.

"Master what are you doing?!" shot Lucario once they were alone.

"What?"

"How do you expect to keep your identity a secret if you're constantly around them? What if they find out who you are? And what about Pikachu? You promised him you'll let him out in the room."

Gardevoir nodded when Solid glanced at her. He hung his head.

"I just couldn't stand around and do nothing. It's been so long since I saw them, I just wanted to help out and be around them again. Can you understand that? And I'll let Pikachu out in my room only when I leave and I'll always lock the door. Does that sound okay with you bud?"