CHAPTER 3 - MT. SILVER

Mewtwo appeared at the base of Mount Silver within a second and instantly brought forth a psychic barrier against his skin to protect against the cold and harsh blizzard of the mountainous area. He glanced around and saw nothing but a few snow covered trees and a very rocky, snow covered mountain in front of him. He could see the mountain's cave entrance in front of him.

Hmmm….he might be outside somewhere on or near the mountain. Let me see if I can sense him before going inside.

Mewtwo's eyes glowed a bright blue and then he sent out a faint psychic wave around him, trying to sense if there were any life forms nearby. He sensed a couple Sneasal and Weavile, some Ursaring, as well as some Larvitar and Pupitar underneath the soil around him.

Finally, he sensed that there was a human on the mountain itself, about half way up. Mewtwo quickly teleported to the location, careful to arrive at least a little ways away. He didn't want to cause an accident in such a dangerous location, even though he could probably take care of it, he'd rather not deal with it. He then slowly moved, while floating above the ground, towards the human. As he drew closer, the harsh blizzard died down a bit and was able to see clearly in front of him, which made his brow go up as he witnessed something he hadn't seen before.

A teenage boy was sitting, cross legged, on the cold, snow covered ground, his hands on his knees, with a blue glow outlining his body, from his raven-colored hair to his feet. He was only wearing a short sleeve black shirt, along with black shorts and black and blue shoes. His ever loyal companion, Pikachu, was right next to him, also sitting down on the snow floor, with a blue glow around him as well. They were sitting perfectly still and it seemed that the cold weather was not affecting them at all.

They must be meditating, thought Mewtwo. I'm impressed he is able to withstand the cold dressed like that but what is that blue glow around them? Why do I have a feeling that I should know about something like this?

After a moment of observing their meditation, Mewtwo decided he had seen enough. However, before he began to move, both the boy and Pikachu got up suddenly and walked away, the sound of snow crunching beneath their feet, while still outlined by the blue glow.

As Mewtwo looked on, he saw that the two walked towards a small, snow covered cabin that was part way built into the side of the mountain, which he just noticed. Ash opened the door and both of them walked in as he closed the door behind them, their blue glow shining out the small windows, slowly fading away as faint yellow lights turned on both inside and outside the cabin.

After several seconds, Mewtwo moved towards the cabin. As he neared the door, it opened before he did anything. There stood Ash Ketchum sporting his trademark grin that was spread across his face.

"What…how did you…" Mewtwo began to stammer but was cut off.

"About time you decided to show yourself Mewtwo. So you coming in or do you want to freeze your tail off first?" joked Ash, looking at the surprised face of the psychic feline.

"Hmph. I should've known. You always seem to surprise me," snorted Mewtwo, as he stepped inside and Ash closed the door. Ash moved towards the meal he was preparing and brought out some more ingredients from a small fridge to add into the pot to make sure there was enough for his guest as well.

"So what brings you here?" asked Ash, as he glanced at the food being prepared under a small propane tank. He then began putting on more appropriate clothing over his short sleeve shirt and shorts, such as a sweater and long thick pants.