CHAPTER 8 - THREE YEARS LATER

If you were to take a look at the island from high up in the air, from a helicopter or an airplane, you would think it to be just another tropical island paradise, hidden from the world. You would be partly right, for the island is hidden from the world, but it is not just another tropical island, oh no. This particular island, named New Island, had its very own mini mansion as well as its own pokémon battle and training stadium, which has been home to a group of pokémon who have been training non-stop for the past three years. They have been training religiously, with fiery determination in their hearts, day in and day out, stopping only to rest or to eat. Of course they would have fun and relaxation times but that was only once every week, to keep them from getting too tense and to keep their focus on their goal.

As hard as the group of pokémon has been training, so too has their trainer. He's not like most other trainers, merely barking orders on his pokémon to train while just standing there. No sir. For the better part of the past three years, this raven-haired trainer, who is now a little past nineteen years old, has been training himself in mind, body, spirit and since he's become an Aura Guardian only a few years ago, his aura powers as well. Right now, he was in a mental training session at the stadium with Mewtwo, the world's most powerful legendary psychic pokémon.

"You have improved Ash. I am impressed," said Mewtwo, as he had attempted to dive into the young man's mind again but was pushed out by the boy's own mental prowess after only a couple seconds.

"But you must be ready for anything!" snapped the feline as he sent a mind blast with his telepathy at him.

Ash quickly formed a mental shield around his mind without using his aura powers and the blast was deflected. After stopping the blast, the almost twenty year old collapsed onto his knees, exhausted, as they were in training since morning. Mewtwo had helped Ash develop a little bit of his mental powers just enough to keep others from messing with his mind against his will or at least when conscious.

This is how it went for Ash since they started training. He had done what Arceus has advised him to do. He had used the first year to catch many other pokémon with great potential in both strength and spirit, while training as well. Then from the beginning of the second year, he had set up training regiments for each individual pokémon with the help of Mewtwo and all the research that they have done. Ash had his large group of pokémon work on their weaknesses, increase their strengths, learn new moves, both offensive and defensive, as well as combine certain moves, fighting multiple opponents at once and much more. Each pokémon also had a specific diet made for them, to help them get their vitamins and minerals they needed to stay strong and to grow more powerful.

It was the same for Ash, as he had his own diet now and his own training regiments as well. One day he would focus on his body, working out and sparring with Lucario. The next day he would focus on his mind, getting lessons from Mewtwo in mental communication and in resisting mental attacks, whether by other aura or psychic users, as well as meditation techniques to focus and clear the mind. The third day he would use to practice using his aura powers and abilities with Lucario. From using aura spheres, shields, forming aura weapons such as a sword or hammer, using his aura senses and understanding what they show him, his healing abilities and more. It continued like that, one day body, one day mind, one day aura, and on and on. That was his training. The days where they weren't training with Ash, Lucario and Mewtwo would train with the other pokémon.

"Thanks Mewtwo, but did you have to go so hard on me today?" gasped Ash, as he was still trying to catch his breath.