Chapter Thirty-Four

The day went by quickly. After daydreaming in her bed for god knows how long, Sera had to prepare for the ball.

And a long day of preparing it was. Ja-won was so nervous that he was stressing everyone else out.

He was terrified of Jungsu, that much she knew. But Sera wasn't so Ja-won's constant whining was aggravating her.

Though now, in this moment, as Sera glanced at herself, she wished she was here for a different, more special, occasion.

Sera was dressed in her most classy gown. Tonight they were going to be announced as the new inheritors of Jeon Estates at the ball.

She wasn't excited but she couldn't lie when she thought this dress complimented her wonderfully.

He curves were accentuated by the deep red dress that hugged her tightly. Her breast sat perfectly on top and her hair, tied in an updo that allowed two stray hairs to fall down on either side of her face.

She was breathtaking.

"Wow," Ja-won said softly as he entered the room, his hair slicked back in a comb over, if she didn't hate him, she might have complimented him, "You look stunning."

"I know." She says as she smiles at herself

"Let's go," Ja-won sighs, "Wouldn't want to keep everyone waiting."

Sera nods reluctantly before taking his offered hand and exiting towards the ballroom.

As they entered the room, music blared and conversation sparked, it was truly beautiful to the eye. So many people laughing and enjoying themselves.

Under better circumstances, Sera would love this.

***

Namjoon gave Loona one more kiss on her cheek as she asked for another book to be read to her.

"No Loon, I have to go talk to the grownups." Namjoon cooed

"I am a grownup," Loona said, "See!" She stood on her bed with her hands in her hips in a superhero stance.

Namjoon chuckled lightly, "Loona, please rest."

"But it's only Friday!" She argued cutely, "You're supposed to watch a movie with me and drink milk tea!" She pouted

"Loona... I will be back—"

"No you won't! Mommy said she'd be back and she's not!" She yelled

Namjoon's face frowned. He tried hard not to show his feelings to his daughter but that... hurt.

He gently pulled his daughter into his arms as he saw her eyes filling with tears. He cuddled her close and kissed her head.

"I'm not going to leave you alone, Loona... I will be back."

"Promise me?"  She says as she softly sniffles

"Promise."

"No crosses?" She looks up at him

And Namjoon's heart breaks. He sees her big brown—well red due to the tears—eyes staring back at his own.

"No crosses." He holds her so tight and she hugs him back as though they're both afraid to let go.

***

"Talks to me." Yoongi says as he sits on the edge of his sons bed

"I said I'm find though..." Hiro says confused

"But I don't believe you." Yoongi challenges

"How are you dad?"