Chapter Seventeen

*trigger warning. Mentions of miscarriage.*

Sera cleans her new home as she watches the clock. Counting down the time until her children are out of school.

She had gotten comfortable at this safe house they occupied. Jonghyun kept his word, for two weeks now she'd come home to groceries and toys for her 9 year olds.

She appreciated it but she was still iffy. He could turn on her at any point and then what? What would she do?

Sera's brain never stopped working because she could never let her guard down.

She picked up her phone and hovered over one name constantly.

Something she'd be doing for the past few days. She doesn't want to keep leaning on Jonghyun and his home. But, she doesn't want to call Hoseok either.

What would she say? How would he react? He had practically already realized she had children from the night they met.

He knows she's married and she could tell how much that affected him.

Suddenly her phone rang and she answered it.

Only one person ever called her anymore.

"Sera?"

"Hey Pierre. How is everything?"

"Mm... he's still very, very upset. He's been bringing* in more women."

"And?" Sera ponders as she looks through her kitchen cabinets for the possibilities of tonight's dinner.

"They're leaving more bruised than the last." He mumbles

Sera felt awful. She'd always rather that Ja-won take his anger out on her rather than than younger girls.

But she couldn't jeopardize her children again, she just couldn't.

"Sera... L—Let me come with you." Pierre stumbles over his words

But Sera didn't have to think, "Of course! Please! The children miss you and I'd love nothing more than to get you away from that asshole!" Sera says quickly

Pierre had been with Ja-won as long as she had. He has* a sick little sister and Ja-won has special care for her* as long as he watches over the children and I.

But soon, after his sister returned to better health, Ja-won still wouldn't let him go. Saying how Pierre was something better to look at when Sera was getting on his nerves.

He had mentally abused Pierre into believing that without Ja-won, his sister would perish. So he stayed.

"But what about Mina?" Sera asks

"She's far gone. Ja-won can't reach her to hurt her."

Sera smiles softly.

"I'll be there tonight."

Sera gave him the address and ended the call and not a moment too soon as her seven children can tumbling through the door.