Chapter Eighteen

Sera cleans the rest of the dishes. She had to admit that she actually enjoyed having Jonghyun over. His face resembled Jungkook so much that it was comforting.

He didn't bring up the children meeting their other parent and she appreciated that.

The doorbell rang and she checked the clock. It was 11pm but, she immediately opened it without fear because no one knows where she is. If they were knocking then it was someone she trusted. Pierre or Jonghyun.

Pierre came rushing inside and slammed the door closed.

"Sera get the children! You have to go. I have a vehicle outside and a bag full of 2 thousand dollars—"

"Pierre! Calm down—"

"Ma?" Loona came down the stairs rubbing her eye and clutching her favorite bedtime story, "Pierre!" She yelled excited as she ran to the man

"Hello my angel." He says, "please go wake up your siblings and get dressed—"

"Why?" Asks Ji-Han who was also now awake

"It's an emergency—"

"It's Ja-won isn't it..." asks Sera but she already knows the answer

Pierre sadly nods and rushes the kids upstairs with Sera following.

"He threatened my sister, Sera. I—I was supposed to come here and make you distracted so that he could swoop in and grab you all." He says as he rushes into what he assumes his Sera's room since is close to the children.

"I came earlier than expected so that you can get out of here. I know my sister would want me to save you and especially those kids" Pierre rushes out as he grabs Sera's bags and begins throwing things inside

"You—you were going to rat me out?" She wonders

"I was." Pierre says, "be mad at me later.... We have to go... You have to go."

At that, Pierre was right. Sera had no time to cry over spilled milk. Her children were on the line.

She got into mother mode and began throwing first aid kits and everything else in bags.

She hurries to her children and helped them. She grabbed her phone and dialed Jonghyun.

He quickly answered, "Yes?"

"Ja-won is coming! Did you know?!" She yells as she zips up Taeyong's jacket and ties Sula's shoe.

"What?! No—I didn't I'm on my way—"

"No! Do not come here. I won't be here when you get here—"

"Where are you going to go?!"

"Yah! Who are you on the phone with? We can literally hear you screaming."

Sera hears Jungkook in the background,

"Don't say anything Jonghyun—"

"Then who will help you?" He says through his teeth

"I'll go to Seoul... I'll find Hoseok—"

"Sera—"

"Jonghyun please!" She says as she rushes everyone out of the house

"Sera we have to go!" Pierre yells from the back door as he closes it behind the last child.

"Jonghyun I'll let you know when I'm safe, okay?"

"You better." He ends the call

Sera stand in front of Pierre as he hands her the keys.

"Do not look back. Fuck Busan, do you hear me? Don't come back here!" He says as he pulls her into a tight hug