"Wait a second, let me catch my breath
Remind me how it feels to hear your voice
Your lips are movin', I can't hear a thing
Livin' life as if we had a choice
Anywhere, anytime
I would do anything for you
Anything for you
Yesterday got away
Melodies stuck inside your head
A song in every breath
Sing me to sleep now
Sing me to sleep
Won't you sing me to sleep now?
Sing me to sleep
Remember me now, time cannot erase
I can hear your whispers in my mind
I've become what you cannot embrace
Our memory will be my lullaby
Sing me to sleep now
Sing me to sleep
Won't you sing me to sleep now?
Sing me to sleep
A-anytime
I would do
Time away
Yesterday-day
A-anytime
I would do
Time away
Yesterday-day"

"That was really pretty." I turn to see Kanao behind me.

"Thank you, Kanao. How are Tanjiro and the others doing?"

"It'll be awhile before they can fully recover. Zenitsu is struggling to take his medicine."

I giggle at that. "Tell them I hope they get better soon," I say. Kanao nods her head.

"How are things with Tomioka-Sam?"

"Better. We'd talked it out last night, and now both of us feel better. I still can't help but fear for the future, but I have faith in Nezuko. It's strange. Usually, I despise all demons, but that was until Nezuko, I guess. She's different—I know she is. I can feel it in my heart."

"I'm glad you're still with Tomioka-san. I've seen how much he cares for you. You're lucky you have each other. I have to go and see to the patients, now," Kanao says.

"Kanao-chan," I say, causing her to turn to me. "Don't be afraid to try talking to them. I don't know about Zenitsu and the boar boy, but Tanjiro is really nice. I think the two of you could become good friends."

Kanao stares at me silently before she turns and heads inside.

I gaze after her with a soft look. Poor thing. She finds it just as hard to talk to people as Giyu did back then.

I've been trying to get her out of it in recent years, but she really only ever talks to me, and sometimes Shinobu.

I gaze back at the garden as I decide to keep singing, before I head inside to read.

                         🗡🗡🗡

A few days later, I return from yet another solo mission. I'd been going on those a lot recently, and Kyojurou had left a few days ago on his own mission.

It was the late afternoon when I return to the Butterfly Estate. On my back from reporting to the Master, I bump into Giyu.

"Oh, hi, Yu-kun!" I greet happily.

"Naomi-chan. I'm so glad you made it back safely," He replies, smiling at me. "How was the mission?"

"A success! I've got sometime off before my next be, probably. So, do you wanna go out tonight?" I ask.

 So, do you wanna go out tonight?" I ask