𝟷𝟿. 𝙼𝙰𝚁𝚁𝙸𝙰𝙶𝙴

Juliet's POV

"I never thought that you would be back here" Leon says as we slowly dance.

"I am only here because of my brother's wedding...the moment they fly for their honeymoon, I will go back to America" I reply to him seriously.

"Hmm...so, tell me about the 'thing' you guys want to talk about" he asks as he twirls me around. I could feel the heated glare of someone throwing daggers our way and I know exactly who it belongs to.

"You will have to wait and see" I tell him with a wink.

"Mysterious as ever" he replies pressing his chest against mine.

"What have you been up to these days?" I ask him.

"Just business...my life is quite boring without you" he says. For some reason I don't sense amusement in them, his seriousness makes my stomach twist.

"Juliet, just say the word and we will walk right out of here...I will take you back to America or wherever you want" he says suddenly.

"What exactly are you talking about?" I ask him confused.

"I can see it...in your eyes...the pain...you cannot hide your pain from me Juliet; I see it as clear as daylight in your eyes" he says and I stop all my movements. He is right all I have felt since I came back here is just pain, the pain of seeing the man I love with another woman, to see him with his daughter, to see him live a life that could've been mine.

"I need to be here...for my family. They are all I have left and I want to be here for Diego and Annalisa for the most important moment of their lives" I say and we both start moving slowly on the beats of the soft music.

"You have me too" he says making me smile genuinely for a very long time.

"I know" I whisper and all words are left unspoken, we just dance.

"May I cut in" the voice I did not want to hear cuts in.

I look at Gabriel and Leon looks at me finding approval. I nod at him and he leaves the dance floor leaving me there with Gabriel. He wraps his arms around my waist, and just like that my body erupts with sparks for the first time in six years.

His strong addicting scent infiltrates my nostril flowing inside my body like blood. I look into his eyes that have gone dark completely.

"When did you become this close to Leon Stein?" he asks. I knew this question was coming.

"I did some business with him three years ago and we've been very close friends ever since" I reply to him. There is no point in hiding it from him.

"You don't know him, Juliet...He is not good for you" he grits out of his teeth.

"You don't tell me what is good or bad for me" I reply rolling my eyes.

"Are you sleeping with him?" he asks suddenly stopping all our movements.

"No! I know you think of me like a slut like you once put it and maybe I am slut, who cares...But let me tell you one thing very clear Gabriel whether I fuck him or not is none of your concern" I tell him.

How dare he ask me something so personal?

Who does he think he is?

Why the fuck is it hurting?

His eyes are guilty like always and I turn around to walk away but he pulls me back towards him by my wrist. My body slams against his, his chest pressed tightly against my breasts and my nipples tighten under my bra. All the anger is thrown out of the window and all there is tension...sexual tension.