𝟷𝟾. 𝙶𝙰𝙻𝙰

*Present*

Juliet's POV

The weekend comes faster than imagined and I spent the entire week either training with my guards or with Calix and Diego planning about our future moves. Everyone has been quite busy planning for the gala since all our allies will be there both from the mafia and legal business. I did meet Mirabella who cried when she saw me because she thought I died and I couldn't help but laugh at her innocence.

I have successfully ignored Gabriel, only seeing him in passing and not replying to his 'good mornings' or 'good afternoons'. I cannot help but feel frustrated with the lack of sex and one more reason why I miss America. Every guy that I see here does not want to come anywhere near me because of Gabriel; I am sure he threatened every man on the property not to come near me.

Today is going to be a very important day and I have to make sure that Gabriel does not kill Leon. I am not worried about Leon because in the last 5 years we both have become quite good friends and no one except Calix knows about this. Gabriel is going to be furious when he learns about that but who cares.

I get dressed in a tight-fitting black gown with a slit exposing my right leg and a deep v neckline enhancing my breasts.

I take a gun and securely tuck it in the leather garter under my dress along with some knives, you never know what might happen

I take a gun and securely tuck it in the leather garter under my dress along with some knives, you never know what might happen. The door opens and Calix walks in wearing a maroon suit with his hairs gelled back perfectly.

"You look ravishing" he says walking towards me.

"I could say the same thing to you" I replied turning around.

"Our Capos are already at the party...I think we should go; the party has already started" he says.

"They can all wait" I say pouring myself scotch and vodka for Calix.

"What are you going to do about Leon?" he asks.

"There is nothing to do...I will talk him out of his deal with the Mexicans and Russians" I say nonchalantly.

"Will he listen to you?" he asks finishing another shot.

"I know he will...We both have become truly very close to each other now...I might even consider him part of my family" I say and Calix nods. Calix always trusts me.

"I think it's time to make a great entrance" I say getting up.

"Let's do this shit" he says.

Both of us walk out of the room side by side but once we reach the grand stairs Calix walks a few steps behind me. Everyone stops talking and looks at me as I walk down the stairs with my head held high.

All my men drop one their knees crossing their right hand over their chest, as a show of respect to their Donna. Everyone else around them gasps seeing these strong men on their knees for me, even my father is shocked but then gives me a proud smile. All my men are like a second family for me and I would die for them as they would die for me.