15

We're running.

Life as we knew it would all change.

I was driving and he was sitting beside me with a huge smile on his face.

We were actually going to be free.

All our worries were about to be left behind along with that stupid ass town.

We exited town.

We didn't know where we would be going. Or how any of this would be going. But we were free. And that is all that mattered.

We were screaming our lungs out to Coldplay.

My sun roof was open. It was pitch black out. Not a single car on the road. My hand was on his thigh while his hand was sticking out the roof window.

We were blasting the music.

Everything was going perfectly.

Nothing was wrong in that moment.

We weren't even worried about what was to come.

We didn't care.

We were just two teenagers who were in love, running away together.

We both knew something would go wrong at some point. But we weren't worried about that.

The only worry I had was my dad. It was sitting faintly at the back of my head. But still. I kept on shaking it off of my head but I just felt bad.

It doesn't matter though.

We were just so in love to care.

We pulled up to a town, we had been driving for at least 2 hours.

The two hours went by incredibly quickly.

We stopped and got food then we went inside the dollar store. We picked up a pack of colourful beads and string.

Sneaking some candy and drinks in the inside of our hoodies too.

We walked back out to the parking lot and went in the back seat.

I sat on the left side and George sat on the right side "Wanna make each other a necklace?"

George smiled. He grabbed the beads and started putting them on the string. I smiled back at him and did the same.

Calm music was playing on the radio and small rustling coming from the bead box whenever either of us would grab something from it.

I held up his necklace "We have to promise each other. We can't back out now, this necklace can't break." I leaned forward and tied it on George's neck.

George then leaned over and tied his on my neck.

We starred into each other's eyes.

No emotions except love over took me.

I blushed.

George grabbed my hand "I promise."

We drove for countless more hours.

We ignored all the texts. All the calls. Everything.

We didn't have to deal with that stuff anymore.

George started humming to the music.

"Romeo save me I've been feeling so alone." George looked up at me with a little smile. I could see hope in his eyes.

"I keep waiting for you but you never come..." we were both smiling at each other

"Is this in my head? I don't know what to think. He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said."