Chapter 11: Calling Home

The next morning, after praying Fajr, I spent half an hour twisting and turning in bed trying to fall asleep again, but to no avail. I guess it was time I got up then. I walked into the wardrobe and slowly examined everything in there. I then walked into the bathroom and made my way through all the cupboards and drawers, taking in all the beauty products, skin and hair care and the new robe and towels we bought.

You sure are milking the money out of the man.

I smirked to myself: maybe I can return home by getting him to spend so much money on me until he realises that taking care of me is too expensive, then he'd return me to my home! But, there was a problem... He didn't seem to be worried about how much he was spending on me, especially since we bought a lot of things yesterday, with many of them being from expensive brands too.

Walking out of the bathroom, I noticed a bag I didn't recognise on the desk. I walked over to it, curious to find out what's inside. Inside was the latest Apple iPhone and a MacBook Air too! I had lost my phone when being kidnapped so I didn't have any contacts. This was a chance for me to contact home. Hesitantly, I unpacked the iPhone and set it up, then I set up the laptop too. There were other accessories for the devices in the bag and after going through them all, I noticed a SIM card inside. My eyes immediately lit up and I fumbled with the SIM card, putting it into the phone. This was my chance!

I quickly typed in Aby's number and pressed call, pacing the room in excitement. It didn't work. I called my mother. It didn't work. I tried calling my own number. That, too, didn't work.

Disappointed, I thought the problem was with the SIM card. Maybe it didn't have any credit or data? I checked, nly to find that it was topped up the day before with unlimited credit and data.

Not wanting to give up, I tried to call my dad again. I read his number over and over to make sure that I've got it correct before hitting the 'call' button. This time, it rang! My eyes lit up and I couldn't help but laugh a little. I kept waiting until I heard the lady on the phone say "Sorry, the person you've called-" He did not pick up. But... he doesn't usually pick up. I tried calling my mother, going over her number three times before I pressed 'call'. The phone kept ringing but she didn't pick up either.

I sighed and sat down on my bed looking down at the phone in my hands. It was very early in the morning here in LA so it would be morning in London. I could try again later. Until then, maybe I could try to reach out to my friends?

I grabbed the laptop from the desk and got onto my bed. I tried to sign into my email, but it didn't work. (I wonder why?) Instead, I created a new email and Apple ID before downloading a bunch of social media apps onto the new phone.

That was when it hit me: what if David was tracking me on these devices? He couldn't be doing that... could he? They were both brand-new in their boxes, wrapped up in a layer of plastic before I opened them...

You never know... just be careful.

I don't care, He can track me all he likes. All I'm trying to do is reach out to my family and friends and tell them that I am okay. Nothing wrong with that. He did kidnap me so it's only fair.

With that, I continued trying to reach out to my family. Some long messages later, I spent the next hours searching for my friends on all sorts of platforms. I didn't know their numbers and there were certain platforms I wasn't on before, so I didn't know their username.

Luck was not on my side. I couldn't find them on social media - there would always be that one character that I couldn't remember. It didn't help that the only usernames I could remember belonged to celebrities, so after hours of searching I decided to stop, deleting all the apps and activity on it. Although I wasn't going to use the devices (especially since I barely had anything on them), I still personalised them both by changing the background, modes and how all the (remaining) apps and widgets were sorted on my phone, put on the phone case and a screen protector on and, most importantly, added a passcode to them both.

My plan didn't work right now, but that doesn't mean that it never will and I shouldn't stop trying. I placed both devices on the desk and got changed so that I could head to the gym.

• • • • • • • • • •

Another chapter for you all! I didn't feel like updating and I'm really busy at the moment, but I did it just for you lot.

Hope you enjoyed .