Chapter 3: Stalker

Wasn't going to upload today but then I remembered what day it is... Happy one week anniversary to Kidnapped 🥳!

I'm also going to dedicate this chapter to three of my friends (I'll explain why later): @randomlmfao and absolutelynotyn (and I don't know the third friend's Wattpad account, so I'll ask her later).

• • • • • • • • • •

A couple of days have gone by since my shopping trip with my friends and I was starting to gradually forget about Mr Businessman. My family asked many questions about my day whilst I tried on my new clothes and I had made sure to avoid mentioning him - I didn't want them to worry.

Some of my school friends and I had decided to celebrate finishing school together; we had been in the same form group since Year Seven and our friendship has been five years strong so far. We decided on going for the usual: some food from a near-by restaurant, then dessert at a dessert parlour.

As I got ready, once again, Omy gave me some money to spend and I left after she warned me over and over again to be careful and take care of myself.

It took me two minutes to walk to the bus stop in front of my school, which was where my friends and I had planned on meeting up. I whipped out my phone hoping that I wouldn't have to wait for long because that always gets a little awkward.

"Where are u lot?" I sent in the group chat.

"Omw" replied Sana immediately.

"On the bus to skl" Sofia replied straight after.

"Still haven't left the house." Laila replied. Typical Laila.

Hoping Laila won't take a long time to leave her house, I switched off my phone and watched the cars rush by on the road in front of me. I imagined the scene that we'd cause later when it came to paying for all the food - everyone will probably end up having to pay for their own orders like what we usually did.

"HURRY UP!!!" I texted five minutes later. They were taking so long.

It wasn't until another five minutes had slowly crawled by that Sophia appeared. Sana then joined us after a couple minutes (we'll let her off the hook for being late because she looked absolutely gorgeous). Another ten minutes or so of chatting, waiting, continuously spamming Laila in every chat we had with her on every platform and threatening to go without her later, she finally joined us - out of breath after running all the way from her house.

We caught the bus and sat on the top floor of the double-decker chatting about our memories of school (both the good and the bad), what we look forward to in the summer and our plans for Sixth Form. We continued to chat non-stop even as we got off the bus, made our way to the restaurant, placed our orders and waited for our food whilst taking slips of one another.

A waiter brought us our drinks and that was when I noticed him. Mr Businessman, sat a couple tables away behind some of my friends, was staring right at me. The shock made me spit out the drink that I was drinking and start choking.

"Oh my God! Asmaa, are you ok?" cried Sana.

"It was my joke, it was too funny. She couldn't help it." Sophia remarked, patting my back as I continued choking.

A waiter appeared at our table quickly with a glass of water for me, "Miss, are you okay? Do you need anything?"

"I'm fine, it's okay." I replied waving him off, regaining my composure.