Chapter 12 | Mason

After third period I'm pissed. My mood completely ruined. Tony is so out of line, the way he treats Will is ridiculous and for no reason. I could tell the minute Will walked into the cafeteria that something was wrong and he was anxious. At first, I thought it was just because he doesn't normally eat in the cafeteria or at our table, but then Tony's fucking smug facial expressions and Jenna's clear annoyance made it pretty damn obvious I missed something. I'm normally annoyed with Tony, but when Will told me he likes him being "his bitch" I thought I was going to punch him out right there in the middle of class. Will isn't anyone's bitch and if he was he'd be mine. I shake my head at that thought, Will is nothing to me but Gage's brother. I have to remember that. I'm not going to sleep with him, he's sweet and innocent, he cares about everyone, and he's smart. He's perfect. He is everything I'm not and I'd go to hell and back before I ruined him. I bite my lip looking around my 4th period class trying to decide who to sleep with tonight. I can't go back to Will, not after last night..well this morning; I want him so bad.

I shake the thought away and focus. I could go with the easiest options Gina or Brittany both girls who are currently staring at me hoping for even a second of my attention. Or I could go for someone with a little more substance like Nat or Casey both girls who, like me, fuck to fuck and nothing more. I decide the latter is best. I only need it tonight.

I text Natalie under the table and receive a response right away.

You got it ;)

I put my phone away and resist the urge to sigh. Instead, I attempt to pay attention to the lesson and find myself thankful when class ends. I meet Gage in the locker room after class and he nods.

"Hey man" 

I tilt my head in response "What's up?" 

He shrugs "Nothing, Hilary Trenton talked to me in class today. Like major flirting, think I could bone her Friday after the game?" 

I chuckle "Sure why not? Sounds good man" 

I don't have the heart to tell him I slept with her three weeks ago and she's nowhere near as good in the sac as she thinks she is. We head out to the field and the coach works us hard. Hard enough I almost don't want to go to Nat's later, but I tell myself I'm going. It isn't an option, I need to get Will Jackson out of my head. And the only way I know how to get him out of my head is to get in someone else's bed. 

Once practice is done I have Gage take me home and I knock on Hank's door pushing it open.

 "Hey dipshit" 

He rolls his eyes looking at me from his spot on his bed.

"Wow you're actually home I'm surprised" 

I lift a brow and cross my arms "Would you prefer I don't work and we both starve to death?" 

He scoffs "No, but you don't work alll night do you?"

 I bite my lip having not realized Hank noticed I don't come home most nights.

"I..go out" 

He chuckles "That much I've noticed" 

I shrug "Well it's none of your business I just like to get out at night" 

He nods "You're gone until morning most of the time"

 I nod "I sleep at people's houses."

He lifts a brow "Why?"

 I make a face, fuck I don't want to tell my little brother I'm sleeping with people. But I don't know what else to say and my mom always said honesty is the best policy so I just come out with it.