Chapter 43

Happy Valentines Day! 💕
I'm single for the 19th year in a row and spent my valentines with friends and family. I hope however you spent your valentines weather with friends, family, or your lover it was lovely.

••
Mason

Nerves. Genuine nerves. It's a foreign feeling for me and I have to admit I don't like anything about it. The way Will had practically ran up the stairs when Jenna arrived to get ready has me concerned. I didn't want this to be a big deal. Is he expecting something extravagant? Is taking him to the spot by the lake good enough?

I grunt and shift standing from my spot on the couch. Hank and Gage look at each other before Gage rolls his eyes.

"Would you chill out you can't even fucking sit still"

Hank nods agreeing with him "yeah it's weird"

I glare at both of them.

"I'm fine"

Hank scoffs "sure your going to tread a hole in the carpet in a minute"

I stop pacing and sigh running my hand through my hair anxiously.

"I don't want to fuck this up okay"

Gage chuckles "you're not going to fuck it up you've gone on a million dates"

I huff "not with Will"

Gage lifts a brow "that's different?"

I only grunt in response. Trying to listen for if Will's coming downstairs yet. Hank rolls his eyes.

"Stop stressing it's not like Will is going to break up with you over one date"

I drop my head into my hands groaning.

"obviously not, because we're not even fucking dating"

Gage nods not bothering to look up from the tv as he turns on a game.

"Hanks probably right I don't think Will has ever even gone on a date he won't even know if it's shitty...nothing to compare it to"

He shrugs like it's nothing and he's solved my problem, but he has in fact only made it worse because if Gage is right this means I'm Wills first date?!

I swallow stiffly, but Hank looks toward the stairs.

"oh here they come!"

I move quickly turning to face the stairs trying to see cool. Unbothered. Despite the nerves eating away at me. That being said I lose all thoughts when Will steps off the stairs.

He looks good, really good. I've never seen him in an outfit like he's in now and it's a good look for him. The kind of look that immediately has me wanting to take it off of him.

"Damn"

Wills cheeks flood with colour and Gage laughs.

"Cute"

Jenna glares "cute?! I worked hard on this to make him look hot not cute"

Gage holds his hands up in defence  "okay I didn't say it was ugly, but I'm not calling my little bro hot...that's just weird"

Jenna huffs, but pins her attention on me. I swallow wanting to say the right thing.

"It worked"

Jenna grins "I knew he'd love it! You'll definitely get some tonight"

Hank immediately starts making barfing sounds and Will's eyes widen his cheeks darkening even more.

"Jenna?!"