Chapter 39

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to share a new chapter! Starting a new year means I'm attempting (I say that very loosely) to get my life in order so I had my focus on other things, but now I'm back and eager to complete this story :)

••
Will

Mason comes over and slides into bed easily, no hesitation. My heart thumps in my chest because this is the fist time we've slept together since becoming something. Since he said he's mine and I'm his.

I slide into his arms and he lets out a content sigh before he stiffens mumbling.

"I don't want to fuck this up"

I snuggle my head into his arm "you won't"

He doesn't say anything for a moment and then I feel him place a gentle kiss on the top of my head.

"I hope not"

We fall asleep and it's a good night. I don't have to worry about Mason sleeping with other people or cold shouldering me in the morning. I just sleep and relish in the fact that he's with me and mine.

••
I start to wake up groggily the next morning turning to my clock my eyes widening we're going to be late! Again!

I try to sit up, but Mason's arms tighten around me. I roll my eyes and move to wake him up, but suddenly my door bangs open.

"You're going to be late!"

My body goes ridged as Gage looks around my room oblivious to Masson in my bed.

"Gage fuck off!"

My breath dies my lungs and I stare at Gage unmoving. Why had Mason just drawn attention to himself?! Despite the fact that there's no chance of this being true I hope maybe Gage didn't hear him.

He did.

"What the actual fuck?!"

My jaw snaps shut my teeth clenching together so hard you heard the snap. My entire body begins to tremble and Mason sits up next time moving a hand to my back.

"Baby..breathe"

His words somehow release the hold my anxiety had on me and I suck in a deep breath which quickly turns into rapid short breaths as I start panicking.

Mason swears "shit Will, calm down"

I do my best to focus on his hand moving slowly across my back and the way he's breathing deep slow breaths for me to follow. A couple seconds later I'm breathing normally and Mason nods.

"There you go baby"

My anxiety doesn't stay down for long, Gage makes sure of that bursting out "baby?!"

My face instantly wrinkles into a wince and Mason sighs heavily moving to get up and pull on pants. Gage quickly jumps turning to face the wall.

"This has got to be a bad dream why the hell aren't you wearing pants?! I'm losing my mind oh shit...how many concussions have I had?!"

While Gage counts on his fingers Mason pulls on a shirt and walks toward him putting a hand on his shoulder.

Gage swings around wildly and a gasp fills my throat.

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't deck you right now?"

Mason despite the situation stays calm and runs a frustrated hand through his hair.

"You probably should"

My eyes widen watching Gage and I hiss.

"Mason!"