Chapter 3 | Will

I am so sorry for the late update! Here is the new chapter 🙌

It is edited very poorly, I apologize I'm falling asleep and honestly can't concentrate to properly edit. Bear with me and enjoy!

•••

We pull up to school, Jenna and I get out thanking Gage before heading into the building. Mason doesn't give me a second glance and I bite my lip a little disappointed. I shouldn't be, what did I think this was? I shake my head and look around the hall cringing at the familiar smell of sweaty teenagers and old lunches. I make a face and head to my locker opening it and pausing when Jenna doesn't bother opening hers.

"Spill now"

I wince, I knew it was coming. 

"Just get your stuff I'll tell you somewhere else" 

She glares, but reluctantly moves across the hall and opens her locker. She closes it again quickly her binder in her hand and nods.

"Lead the way, mystery man" 

I roll my eyes at her dramatics, but head to our usual spot on the bleachers by the football field. Usually, it's pretty empty and we find it nice to be outside of the school when we don't have to be inside. I lean against the railing and Jenna stands facing me crossing her arms.

 "Okay out with it! Never, not once have you used me as a cover, and I've offered! So this must be big" 

I make a face because she's right. I don't like lying, I don't like using people. Thanks to Mason, I've done both. 

I sigh "We'll um..." 

She gives me a look and I bite my lip I need to just spit it out.

"Gage had a party Saturday night" 

Jenna makes an annoyed face "Which is different from any other Saturday because..?" 

I look around making sure to check that no one is under the bleachers before getting into it.

"Mason came in my room drunk...absolutely wasted" 

Her eyes widen "Mason? Mason Moore?! The boy you pine after?1"

I huff hating that she worded it like that, even if she's not wrong. 

"Yeah whatever" 

She chuckles "So you finally slept with him?!"

She's screeching and my eyes widen.

 "Jenna! No!" 

She pauses "Oh...why not? Everyone knows Mason gets with guys when he's hammered"

I hate the way my chest tightens. She's right, in theory, he should have slept with me. 

"He didn't..it wasn't like that. He just fell asleep in my bed and when I told him to get out he told me to leave him alone and fell back asleep..." 

She makes a face "Okay... so he drunkenly fell asleep in your room, a real wet dream for you, but I don't see where I come into this" 

I roll my eyes "He came back last night"

Her face contorts into one of confusion again "He didn't seem hungover this morning" 

I shake my head "He wasn't drunk" 

She lifts a brow "What? So then why..?" 

I throw my hands up "I don't know!" 

I sigh "He said he needed a place to crash"