Chapter 32

Here it is; a new chapter!
I'm excited for you all to read this one. I know your all eager for more and I promise more is to come🤍

••
Mason

Having Gage and Hank sleep in the tent with us was proved awful as soon as we all laid down for the night. Gage and Hank argued like children for the first 15 minutes.

"Gage! Your elbow is in my side!"

I groan as Gage whines "they're are no sides"

Hank huffs "my side as in my body you idiot!"

I grunt "Hank go to sleep. Gage just move over!"

Gage rolls over so he's facing Will and I grinning "oh you just want me closer to you?"

I can't help the chuckle that leaves me and Will practically chokes "I don't want to be in the middle of that!"

Hank laughs "yeah Will get out while you can!"

Will tried to sit up, but I push him back down. I want him next to me.

"No, everyone go to sleep"

Gage chuckles lightly, but thankfully settles himself and everyone quiets down. I don't touch Will or pull him toward me knowing he's likely already anxious by the way his body is stiff as a board and unmoving.

When Gage finally falls asleep we all groan because his very loud snoring fills the tent. Hank rolls over and pulls a pillow over his head and Will sighs turning on his side, bur freezes when he meets my eye.

He tries to roll back over, but I put my hand on his waist and nod for him to calm down. We're not doing anything, we're only sleeping.

After an hour Hank has fallen asleep and Will looks like he's half way their himself, but doesn't let himself drift off. I sigh and carefully pull him toward me he stiffens at first and goes to protest, but I put a finger to his lips.

"Shhh"

He lets me pull him to me and we lay like that him in my arms until eventually he falls asleep and I follow shortly after.

•••
A couple hours later I wake up groggy and hot; too hot. I look down and Wills breathing is deep, I push him away from me lightly and cringe because he's practically sticking to me. I sit up and put mg wrist to his forehead he's burning up.

I bite my lip "Gage"

He doesn't stir and I cringe this isn't good. I clench my jaw because he's probably sick from falling in the fucking lake.

I lean over him and shove Gage hard "Gage!"

He groans and rolls over "what the fuck?"

He pauses looking at Will whose still partially on me "wow that's why Will didn't want me to join in last night? Trying to keep you all to himself?"

He pretends to pout and I roll my eyes wondering how he can continue to be this annoying even after just waking up.

"He's burning up, I think he has a fever"

Gage's face becomes serious "oh shit! Should we wake him?"

I shrug "I don't know, he needs to cool down"

Gage shakes his head "I'll go see if my parents have a thermometer, knowing my mom she doesn't she packs first aid like we're planning on getting hurt"

He rushes from the tent and Hank rolls over "what's going on?"

I sigh "Will is sick"

Hank sits up and looks over at Will "what? How?"