Chapter 9 | Will

This is a short-ish chapter. I apologize I wish I could give you long chapters every time, but sometimes I just feel like it's the right time to end the chapter. Nevertheless, there is more to come. Please enjoy and I wish all my fellow Canadians a happy thanksgiving! 🤍

---

Once my mom got home I rushed upstairs. I had embarrassed myself by being too incompetent to cut potatoes without getting hurt and then Mason seemed mad at me? He ran out of the bathroom like he couldn't get away from me fast enough. I sigh, In don't know why he even offered to help if he didn't want to. I told him I could do it. I shake my head trying to forget about it and call Jenna on FaceTime.

She smiles as soon as she answers the call"Hey!" 

I force one back "Hey" 

She nods "What happened to your hand?" 

I roll my eyes not wanting to talk about it "I cut myself cutting potatoes"

She laughs "Good job idiot!"

 I shake my head and whine.

 "I was trying to make sure Hank didn't cut himself so I wasn't watching" 

She lifts a brow "Hank? New boy in your life and you're just telling me now?"

My nose scrunches "Ew no. Hank is Mason's brother and he's like 10" 

Jenna laughs "Oops guess not, speaking of boys..." 

I make a face, here we go again. 

She shakes her head "I know you didn't want to talk about it earlier, but seriously Will how long are you going to stay hung up on him? He's hot I get it, but there are so many other fish in the sea..ones that will maybe actually show some interest"

 I press my lips together not liking her words and instead, I mumble "He sleeps in my bed"

Jenna's face immediately becomes a sympathetic one and I want to shut my laptop so I don't have to see it. I'm pathetic and she pities me, hung up on a boy who doesn't want me. Who uses me for a place to sleep and I let him. I think back to this afternoon, him running out of the bathroom. He doesn't even want to help me for longer than five minutes and I act like he hung the fucking moon. 

Before Jenna can say anything else I sigh "I uh I'm gonna go" 

I don't let her protest and hang up, shutting my laptop, and pushing it away from me. I lay down on my bed and close my eyes at least if I'm sleeping I can pretend I'm not some stupid lovesick idiot. I don't get to sleep long; an hour later my mom knocks on my door.

"Will honey, it's dinner time!" 

I groan, but call out  "Coming!"

 I do my best to make my voice sound awake knowing my mom will have something to say about me napping during the day.When I get downstairs everyone else is already seated, including Hank and Mason. I reluctantly pull out the chair next to Hank who points to the potatoes on my plate.

 "Looks good don't they?"

I nod and force a smile for the second time tonight "Yeah good job" 

He chuckles "If it tastes metallic just assume it's your blood" 

I cringe at that and Hank laughs "I'm kidding! We took out those ones" 

I give him a half a smile and turn back to my food. My stomach rolls when I look at my plate. I'm too anxious to eat and mostly just move the food around. I have to admit the potatoes were really good, but even they weren't settling right in my stomach. Hank seems to notice my lack of interest in my food and grins.