Chapter 5 | Will

Here it is, Chapter 5!
Honestly I don't love every aspect of this chapter, but there's specific moments I do really like. As well it has content that will be relevant later on.
Enjoy! 🤍

Jenna let's herself in. I look up when my door opens and she rushes toward my bed. As she's about to jump onto it she pauses mid jump, stumbling, and almost falling over.

I laugh "what was that?"

She rolls her eyes crossing her arms.

"Don't laugh I just remembered there's man whore on these sheets"

I roll my eyes back at her.

"I washed them yesterday and you won't catch anything, don't be over dramatic"

She makes a face and proceeds to make a show of sitting on the very edge of my bed and sighing.

"So is pizza here or..?"

Suddenly the door bell rings. "It's here"

Jenna is off my bed and running out the door before I can finish speaking. I follow her quickly laughing at her eagerness. She yanks the door open and grins at the pizza guy.

"Wonderful I'm starving!"

With just those words she takes the pizza from the guy and walks away with it making me roll my eyes.

I turn back to the pizza man and step forward awkwardly anxious now that I have to deal with him all on my own.

"Sorry shes uh..a bit eager"

He chuckles "All good, it'll be $35.50"

I smile sheepishly because I had no intentions on paying this man and I don't even have my wallet.

"Uh I have to go get my brother"

He lifts a brow "okay?"

I nod and turn around leaving the door open so he doesn't think I'm scamming him and rush to the stairs.

"Gage! Pizza!"

I walk back to the door and meet his eye giving him a tightlipped smile bouncing on my feet nervously.

"Um..he's coming"

He just nods checking his phone, but that makes me panic more. Is he checking the time?! Gage is making this man late! My anxiety only gets worse when 2 minutes later he puts his phone away and looks at me expectantly.

"You sure he's coming?"

I bite my lip stuttering "I..uh..y-yeah"

I can feel my cheeks heating and the guy starts to look at me like maybe he doesn't believe I know what I'm talking about.

"I'll go get him!"

Just as I'm about to turn and speed out of this awkward situation I bump into something. More specifically a chest, a very hard and defined chest. Mason grunts and my eyes widen.

"Oh! I Gage!"

He ignores me and instead reaches over me to hand the guy a $50 bill.

"Here man sorry about the wait"

The guy shrugs  "All good"

I turn away from Mason's chest and grimace awkwardly at the guy before dropping my gaze to my feet. Mason reaches around me once again and closes the door before glancing down at me. I bite my lip before stuttering out.

"I'm just gonna...g-go"

I rush away wincing, I couldn't even form a coherent sentence. That was so embarrassing.