Chapter 7 | Will

Both pov in this chapter; my gift to you! You also get to officially meet my favourite character so that's pretty exciting AND this chapter is longer then usual, so we've got the full package!

I stay quiet the rest of the ride trying to convince myself I don't care and it doesn't matter that Mason slept with her. It shouldn't matter. We're not dating, we're not even friends. He just sleeps in my bed...

We pull up to Jenna's house and I quickly shoot her a text surprised she's not already waiting outside.

She doesn't answer and a couple minutes later Gage grunts.

"Is she coming or what?"

I shrug "I told her we were here"

He huffs and looks at the clock gesturing to it "2 minutes and we're leaving"

I nod turning back to look out the window just as Jenna's front door opens. Expect its not Jenna, at least not at first, Kade Johnson comes out of the house. I freeze and sink lower in my seat. Kade Johnson, Jenna's neighbor and the only guy I've ever done anything with. I try to stay out of sight, but he turns and waves at the car a smile taking over his face when he sees me. He starts walking over and I curse under my breath, but Gage grins.

"Hey look it's Kade!"

He rolls my window down and I wish I could shoot him a glare, but instead I turn to Kade.

"Uh hey"

He smiles "Hey! Sorry I had Jenna help me catch Luna I can't keep that fucking dog in the yard"

I can't help, but chuckle I've helped Kade catch Luna a few times. Not fun.

"You just never latch the gate"

He rolls his eyes at my teasing tone.

"You sound like my mom, and even if I didn't latch the gate you'd think she'd be old enough now"

I nod thinking of the last time I saw Luna when Kade had just got her. That was a couple months ago now.

"I bet she's huge now"

He nods "Since the last time you came over, for sure"

A light smile takes over my face "I miss her, she used to love me"

Kade chuckles and there's a twinkle in his eye. One I know all to well.

"Yeah well you'll have to come over and see her again sometime"

His gaze lingers on mine a moment and I know what he's implying. My cheeks tinge slightly and I just give him a small nod practically whispering.

"Yeah maybe"

He grins and nods at Gage, but my eyes land on Mason whose watching me through the side mirror. I look away, why do I feel guilty?

Kade nods at Gage "Well I'll let you guys get going I know how much Will hates being late"

I nod in agreement defiantly ready to go and Gage lifts his hand in a wave.

"See you later man"

He drives away and Jenna gives me a look. She knows about Kade and I, but she also thinks it ended because Kade wasn't interested, not because I was too hung up on Mason to keep it going.

Suddenly Gage speaks "You know he's gay right?"

I freeze eyes wide "What?"

Gage nods "I saw him kissing Seth McKinney behind the 7-11 one time"