Chapter 45

Hello hello!
I'm back with a new chapter, it's taken me ages, but I hope you enjoy! And for all those who throughly enjoy my auto correct duck 🦆 this meme is for you. I hope you like a good dad joke!

••
Mason

When we get back to Will and Gage's house Gage immediately starts to have a go at Will. His anger about the situation resurfacing.

"How long has this fucking shit been going on Will?"

I clench my fists at his tone, but don't intervene. I know Gage wouldn't ever do anything to hurt Will and he's just worried. He has a right to be, I told Will he should have let Gage know what was going on with Tony.

Will winces "a couple weeks...months maybe"

Gage gawks at him "months?!"

He shakes his head pacing angrily.

"You've been getting hurt for months?! By someone on my team, one of my friends and you didn't say anything?!"

Will bites his lip guiltily.

"I didn't...he didn't hurt me every time he just used to push me around and make comments...it wasn't a big deal"

Gage scoffs before pinning his gaze on me.

"You knew about this?!"

I swallow stiffly and nod once. Gage shakes his head.

"So I guess I had to fake friends then huh?"

I flinch, that one hurt. Will shakes his head.

"No Gage it wasn't masons fault I told him not to say anything"

Gage only sighs.

"Doesn't matter Will, Masons a big boy he knew he should have told me"

I nod because he's right and thinking about it now I don't know why I never did. I wanted Will to trust me, but I was letting him get hurt. I was an idiot.

Gage shakes his head again.

"If he bothers you again fucking tell me"

He turns and walks away heading toward the stairs and Will looks at me wide eyed.

"Gage!"

Gage ignores him and closes the door to the basement hard making me cringe. All the times I've been here he's never closed that door, but I know it's a sign that he doesn't want us to follow him.

When I turn back to Will he looks guilty and scared.

"Baby...he just needs time to calm down"

Will shakes his head "he....he's hurt"

I nod "he'll get over it, give him time"

Will huffs standing "he shouldn't have to! I should have just...!"

I lift a brow "what? Told him and had him best Tony up, sure I've been telling you that this whole time because it would have been my preferred option, but Will. You did what you thought was right, he knows that"

Will only pouts "I don't want him to think I don't trust him"

I sigh and grab his shirt tugging him to me and wrapping my arms around him.

"he won't baby"

Suddenly the front door opens and Will pulls away only to practically fall over to create distance between us when he realizes it's Austin.

"Oh..hey guys"

Will's face is three shades darker and he stutters over his words.

"Uh h hey um a Austin"