Chapter 2 | Will

Okay everyone here is chapter 2!
I've been itching to post more chapters, but I'm trying to pace myself so I don't post them all at once and then have you waiting ages for updates. So enjoy! Let me know what you think of how the story is unravelling.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

••

I studied the rest of the night only stopping to go downstairs and eat dinner. Thankfully Gage had cleaned the house and our parents were unaware of the wild party he had thrown the night before. By now he's a professional house cleaner and sometimes even I forget if he had a party the previous night.

Dinner was uneventful, but as we leave the table I can't resist nodding at Gage.

"Is uh...Mason coming over tonight?"

He shrugs "I don't know after his hook-up with Felicia Rivers last night I wouldn't be surprised if he headed over there" 

With that comment, he turns leaving me in the hallway and I'm frozen on the spot. Mason hooked up with a girl last night? I mean I know he hooks up with a lot of people. It's no secret Mason Moore has and will hook up with anyone interested. Guys or girls, although he tends to stick to the latter.

As the rumour has it his male partners only occur after a heavy night of drinking...one like last night. I cringe at that thought, would Mason hook up with me? Obviously not, not even on a night like last night when he was piss drunk. He'd rather Felicia. I cringe as the thought grows in my mind; he slept with her and then spent the night in my bed.

I head upstairs and pull my sheets off my bed. Originally the thought of keeping Mason's scent on my sheets had enticed me. As pathetic as it is I thought that perhaps I could imagine him sleeping next to me, but knowing he got with Felicia before he came into my bed just makes my stomach turn. Suddenly Gage's comment about catching something seems believable.

I happen to pass Gage on my way to the laundry room and he chuckles.

 "Good plan. Mason's the biggest man whore around, I love the guy, but no way I'm letting him contaminate my baby bro" 

I force a chuckle, but wince the minute I turn away. I'd let Mason contaminate me any day he wanted. I shake the thought away, I can't keep thinking about Mason. That makes me sigh, if only I could stop.

I find myself slightly...okay maybe more than slightly disappointed when 2 hours later Mason still hasn't shown up. Mostly due to the implication of him not being here, I force the thought of him and Felicia out of my head and get my sheets out of the dryer. I make my bed and shower before deciding to just go to bed. I don't know why I'm even waiting up for Gage's friend like him being here would do anything for me. Even when Mason does come over we rarely cross paths. The odd time we do it's simple small talk if that. 

One night in my bed is not going to change anything. 

The rest of the house is quiet when I get in bed. Thankfully even if Gage is not asleep his bedroom is in the basement while mine is upstairs. Meaning, lucky for me, I'm not subjected to his incessant hard rock or loud gamer shouting.

I stare at the ceiling convincing myself like many nights before that I need to get over this man, and have only been asleep for around an hour when suddenly my door opens. 

I sit up caught off guard "what?.." 

I pause and rub my eyes before blinking at the individual standing in my doorway.

 "Mason?" 

He grunts "go back to bed" 

I blink again utterly confused "uh why are you?"