But again, Baji was ignored. He didn't know what was wrong with you, but there was something off. Your face was red and your breathing was quite shallow. So, he took off his coat and placed it around you.

"There. Where do you live? I can take you there. It's super cold and it'll be dark soon." He said, adjusting the scarf around your neck. But again, he received no answer. "....Can... you not speak- HEY! ARE YOU OKAY!?"

Baji began to panic when you suddenly fell to the ground, panting heavily and sweating. Oh no. What is he going to do!? There weren't a lot of people around and he didn't know where you lived!

So he was left with only one option.

"Moooom!! Mom!!" Baji exclaimed, running inside their house with you on his back. Baji's mom came out of the kitchen, confused as to why the rowdy child was shouting again. But to her surprise, there was someone on his back. "Mom! Mikey's friend is sick!"

Baji took care of you for the day, helping his mother make porridge for you and even feeding you. And after a few hours, he called Mikey and told him about you being in his house and sick.

"Ah, I'm sorry for the trouble." Shinichiro said, bowing to Baji's mother in apology.

"Oh, think nothing of it." She chuckled, leading the Sano family inside to Baji's room where they had been resting. "Keisuke found him on the playground, sitting quietly while being sick. I wonder what her parents are doing!? That is utterly irresponsible!"

"Ah... about that..." Shinichiro didn't know whether to disclose this information, he didn't want Mrs. Baji to be jumbled up into another family's troubles after all. "Well, her-"

"Her mother's a neglectful mom!" Mikey exclaimed, placing his hands on his hips in disappointment. "Isn't that right, Emma!?"

"That's right!" Emma nodded, crossing her arms. "Well, that's what grandpa said."

"We're going to see her!!" Mikey exclaimed, taking Emma's hand and running up the stairs over to Baji's room. Mikey didn't hesitate to open the door, worried for his friend. "Baji! Where's-"

"Ah! Shut up! She's sleeping!" Baji shouted in a whisper, immediately placing his hand on Mikey's mouth to keep him from talking, Emma had long slipped past them to see you. "She's sleeping."

"Oh. Sorry." Mikey nodded, keeping quiet as they tiptoed to where Emma was, looking over you like some sort of newborn baby. "Don't tell me she was outside alone again?"

"Yeah. She was alone in the playground without a single jacket." Baji answered, remembering the state you were in. If he didn't know better, he might've guessed that you were there for days because you scarfed down that porridge, not even bothered by the heat. "Hey, let's bring her to the dojo next time! So she can train and not be so sickly!"

"Ha! We already do that!" Mikey boasted, giving his friend a grin. "(Y/N)-chan's been training with me for the past week!"

"AH! That's not fair! You were-"

"SHUT UP YOU TWO! You woke (Y/N)-chan up!" Emma exclaimed, throwing a pillow in the two's direction as she gave you a hug. "(Y/N)-chan! You're not sick anymore, are you? Did those two wake you up? Do you want me to take care of you now? You can stay at our house! You can sleep in my room! We'll have a sleepover!"

"No fair! I found (Y/N) first!" [they talking abt her like she's a pet]

"I'm the one who took care of her! She gets to spend time with me first!"

While the three argue over who had to get to spend time with you, you just sit there, still a bit tipsy, but conscious enough to hold your head. You blinked a few times, trying to recognize the face. It was Mikey and Emma, and the boy you remembered was his name... Baji?

".....Thank you...." You whispered, reaching out for Baji's shirt, tugging to gain his attention. He turned back, giving you a grin, making you break into a tiny smile. He looked like a cute puppy. "....Cute..."

After that, you had spent more time with Baji, sometimes joining his family when they went on trips as his mother loved to bring you along. Sometimes, you, Mikey, and Baji play on the very same playground. The more time you spent with them, the brighter your days got.

And also, without knowing it, Baji had begun to enjoy a new hobby called poke fun of you because, to his words, you cried so easily. And also he thinks your crying face is ugly. But in truth... he just finds it cute when despite all the teasing he does, you still love him.

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °∘❉∘° ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

"Don't cry anymore, (Y/N)... the others will blame me again... haha..."

You woke up, a tear falling from your eye as you were met with the familiar white ceiling. The hospital. Shit. You wanted Takemichi to drive you home, not the hospital. Because if they find out where you are...

"(Y/N)-chan! You're awake!" You turned to your side, surprised to hear someone you did not expect. "Thank god... Takemichi-kun told me about what happened since he can't tell your identity to anyone... So I came to visit you."

"...hina-chan...?" You muttered as you sat up. But the moment you did, you felt a painful pain in your abdomen, making Hina panic and ask for your wellbeing. "It's fine... it's just a sting..." You reached out for your shirt, lifting it up to see a stitched up wound. "Thank god... it isn't as bad as I thought it was..."

"I'll go call Emma-chan and tell her-"

"No. Don't." You cut her off, shaking your head. "This injury... it stays between us three... please..."

"But... they'll be worried about you..."

"...And that's why I can't let them know..." You clicked for the call button, ready to leave the hospital. "I'm sure they'll be looking for me soon... I'll have to leave... I have to go visit someone..."

The window outside indicates it was already nearly nighttime. Draken and Mitsuya will be looking for you to see how you're holding up after witnessing Baji's death. In fact, from the notification on your phone on the table next to you, you can tell you'll have to think of an excuse fast.

"Hina-chan, do you want me to drop you off home? Is Takemitchy still here?"

"No, it's alright." The girl gave you a smile, shaking her head. "But thanks for the offer. We'll be home on our own. (Y/N)-chan, take care of yourself, alright?"

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °∘❉∘° ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

You got off your bike as you finally arrived at your home. Despite the time, there were still customers inside the bar. The fight ended around four or five, it was almost ten. These drunkards truly are something else.

The moment you stepped inside the bar, these old geezers, as usual, tried to suck up to you to learn things about people they either hate or something to use as blackmail for their bosses, the usual bull shit.

But you ignored them and ran up the stairs. Once inside our room, you removed your uniform and took your regular clothes, a race against time as you put them on. You ignored the messages from Mitsuya and Draken for now and ran back downstairs and got on your bike again.

As for where you were going...

It was to relay to Baji's mother what happened... and explain to her the real reason for what his son had done.

You wanted to do it personally... as you were there to witness it and you wouldn't want her to be kept in the dark. She and Keisuke had always treated you like one of their own, it was thanks to her that you learned what maternal love felt like.

And now that her son is gone... you want to help her, even just a tiny bit. 

||A.N||

The high school a.u previews will be up after the next chapter!! EXCITED

[YAAAAAAS]