Chapter 13: Blurred

Beginne am Anfang

What was I doing here again?

I was all awkward and goose bumpy.

My eyes wandered to the dance floor where there was a group of girls laughing and dancing wildly.

Oh that's right fun.

I was supposed to be having fun.

" Another" I said holding up my empty glass to Kakashi.

" Woah tiger what did we say about the drinking" Naruto said putting a hand on my wrist.

I placed my other hand on top of his, " I'll be fine I promise it's only my second drink " I pleaded.

We stared at each other challenging each other in our heads. The gurgling sound of my
glass snapped us out of it.

" Kakashi !" Naruto yelled.

" What its only her second drink? She's a grown woman let her have her fun. You did bring her to a club" he said filling my glass.

I gave him a grateful smile and Kakashi winked at me in response. I then brought my drink to my lips with a victorious chuckle.

Naruto smirked back " Fine but I've got my eye on you missy. " he said poking my shoulder.

The liquid warmed my stomach and suddenly it was like I was hearing the music in the club for the first time. I began to sway to the beat in my seat.

Naruto gave me a questionable look.

He point a limp finger at me. " Whatchu doing there " he said amused by my seated danced moves.

" I like this song" I said rocking to the music.

" I see that" he responded with a chuckle.

All of a sudden something sparked in me and that dance floor didn't seem so scary. I slid off my seat and stood in front of him.

I saw something almost flirty sparkle in his eyes as he looked back at me and all of a sudden it was like Kakashi wasn't here. Maybe it was the skirt? Another weird feeling bubbled up in me.

I liked it.

The alcohol wiped me of any nerves and I stuck my hand out to him.

" Want to go like this song together?" I said. I nodded my head in the direction of the dance floor " Out there?"

God that sounded better in my head.

He wet his lips and scratched his neck as if to think it over, then held his drink up. " Nah imma finish my drink and catch up with Kakashi. I'll join you in a bit."

I felt a little disappointed. Guess not all my feelings were numbed. Maybe I imagined that look in his eyes.

As Matter fact why do I care?

That's right it was the alcohol talking not me.

" Suit your self" I said shrugging my shoulders.

I wasn't embarrassed that he rejected me.

No, I'd go out there and have my own fun.

That was the plan.

Wasn't it?

I walked away feeling his eyes watching me as I enter the crowd.

I then became lost in my thoughts as my hips swayed along with the beat of the music. Why did I feel so irritated, our whole point of coming here was to cheer up. I needed to stop caring and let loose.