Chapter 51 - Tyler: Is That You?

Chapter 51 - Tyler: "Is That You?"

"Boris?" Tyler blinked, stepping forward and reaching his hand out. The song continued to spill from every speaker in the mansion. "Boris, wake up!" The German shepherd put his hands on his shoulder, trying to pull him away from the mirror, but Boris kept staring at his dark reflection.

Tyler grabbed Boris's arm, trying to pull it from the mirror, and it was only then that he realized from the surface of the glass, a bloody hand stuck out and was grabbing Boris's. The canine gasped, putting his arms around Boris's waist and yanking, but the otter simply wouldn't move.

Tyler just stared at the scene as he waited until Leah rushed into the room with Pierce. "Oh my god . . .We're losing time, and the ritual isn't ready!"

"What's going to happen?" Tyler fretted as the male otter continued to stare forward blankly.

"I don't know. I've never heard of a possession like this before!"

"There's never been anything like this?! Aren't you a witch?!" Tyler crooned.

"An arm is coming out of the mirror!" Leah argued. "That's not normal, even for possession!"

Pierce stared fearfully. "Wh-what do we do?"

Tyler curled his hands into fists. "I have an idea." He turned around and yanked the white towel off of the towel bar, then maneuvered the bar itself out of its holding. "I'm gonna smash it."

"Good idea," Leah nodded, stepping back.

Pierce came forward. "I'll grab Boris when that thing lets go!"

Tyler raised the towel rod and the moment he did, the hand coming out of the mirror let go of Boris and retreated. The canine swung it, and as it connected with the mirror, the cracks on the surface extended out from the point of contact until he hit it again, harder, and the mirror shattered entirely, pieces of it sprinkling the floor and falling into the sink bowl. As soon as he did, the music died, and Pierce grabbed Boris and pulled him away, finally gaining some purchase on his body.

Leah grabbed her brother's shoulders. "Boris! Boris! Are you with us? Are you here?"

Boris continued to stare forward. "N-Neil . . . where are . . ."

The female otter shook her head. "Neil? There's no one named Neil here. It's just me, Tyler, and Pierce."

"Where am I?" The otter raised his head. "Who are you? What happened here?"

Tyler's heart dropped. "Boris? It's us! Me, Tyler! Pierce, the vampire you picked up, and your sister!"

Boris looked down at himself. "What the hell am I wearing?"

Leah stepped back. "Do you genuinely not know who you are?"

"Of course I do." The otter pushed her off. "Why wouldn't I know who I am? Now, explain where I am!"

Pierce's muzzle twisted. "Who is Neil?"

"My boyfriend." Boris rolled his eyes. "He's the cutest goat in the world."

"You're literally a killer!" Tyler cried out. "And you have a boyfriend?! Why are you talking so weird?"

"Don't freak out, dude," Boris chuckled. "Let's talk about this. I'm sure some supernatural shit is going down."

"Yeah, the bathroom's getting cramped," Leah swallowed anxiously. "We should take this one to his room."

Tyler felt that he was hyperventilating as they left, Boris looking around at the decorated hallway. "Dude, nice crib you have here. This is totally sick."