Chapter 26 - Richard: Weathering

Chapter 26 - Richard: "Weathering"

Richard didn't realize it, but Nick was breaking him down slowly. When they met, he had been an anxious mess, and he still was. But now, he was letting this animal accompany him to a restaurant, and he even managed to smile.

Not only that, but Nick was a dedicated student. Of course, he was nowhere near perfect when he first learned something, but he got better and better over time and the days.

Richard knew that he let himself get carried away with telling him information, which embarrassed him slightly. One minor problem seemed to be that Nick seemed to get lost in thought while he was rambling, as he would just look at Richard without moving for the duration of the speech.

Even so, training the hyena felt good for Richard, as he and Iwai had hoped. They hadn't delved into much personal information, which Richard was thankful for because he preferred to keep it closer to business.

They couldn't train forever, sure, but Richard was enjoying himself for the first time in a while. There was only one phase of training left, though, and something inside of him made him feel somewhat disappointed at the notion. Better to focus on what was happening now, then.

Nick walked in front of him with a bit of bounce in his step. "Hell yeah, I'm gonna fuck up some Chinese food."

Richard raised a brow. "What do you mean?"

"I mean that whatever I eat better be afraid because I'm comin' for it," Nick grinned.

"I don't think food has emotions," the raccoon answered.

"You must be food, then," the hyena cooed. "I'm joking, I'm joking!"

Richard shook his head. "You're so peculiar, Nicholas."

"I know. I love it. So, should I get changed into pajamas or something?"

The raccoon shook his head. "It's the protocol that you wear your Guard Garb outside of the Institute. Erm, your red tie is tainted currently."

Nick looked down at the tie in his hand. "I don't need it, right?"

"That's like the most important thing," Richard answered. "The red will show that you're still in training."

"Ohhh, now I get it," Nick nodded. "I was wondering why the red mattered because you were one of the only people who saw it."

"Everything has a purpose," Richard stated.

"Ohh, you're so wise," the hyena turned, bowing while he walked backward.

"Not really," Richard said. "Just informed."

Nick rolled his eyes. "So what about the tie?"

"Looks like we'll have to wait in your room for the washer to make a quick visit."

"Fine with me," Nick groaned, rotating his shoulders. "I need to dope up on drugs before we go."

"Excuse me?"

"You know!" Nick shrugged. Richard just dropped it as they moved along.

=^.^=

Back in the room, Richard sat down on the couch once they were inside. He watched Nick flop back on the bed, looking exhausted. "Fuuuuck, training always gets me," he whined. "What about you? How are you feeling?"

"I feel fine." Richard looked around the room. "Do you enjoy being here?"

"Here? In this room?"

"In the Mortal Guard," Richard reiterated.