Chapter 8 - Nick: Tour Day Part 2

Chapter 8 - Nick: "Tour Day Part 2"

Continuing the tour, Regis and Nick arrived at a large facility made of iron, which went with the shield outlined with gray that carried the picture of an exclamation point. "That's a very interesting building," Nick stated.

Regis turned, his worry seeming to be replaced by eagerness. "This is the Disaster Sect! Run by Solomon Gordon."

"Disaster? Sounds intense."

"You know what a firefighter is, right?"

"Yeah, duh," Nick nodded.

"Don't know why I asked. The Disaster Sect is like a huge fire station for the Mortal Guard. The first responders after a mission, basically. Mortal Guard missions can be messy. We must be able to clean up the mess as fast as possible. These guys excel in speed, and they only go out when there's an emergency, which is basically all the time. They also know light healing magic to heal immediate injuries on the field."

Nick crossed his arms. "Sounds interesting, but not for me."

"Already checking it off the list?" Regis laughed.

"Yes."

"Oh, yes. Did you get your account set up in the M.G.E.S.?"

"Yeah, I did. Registered my solvency card and everything," Nick explained. "The food was really good. Like, woah."

"Oh, yes. The food here is always tasty. Don't know how they do it," Regis said. "Then again, they're robots."

"Yep." Nick's ears perked. "Oh, yeah! What happened to my old phone again? I forgot."

"They gave your phone to your Double. It shares your memories up until this point, and now it can make new ones."

"Oh . . . I liked my phone," Nick frowned.

"You'll get a new one," Regis smiled. "At the end of the tour, as well as your Transmission Set."

"Well, I guess that sounds cool," Nick shrugged.

"Trust me, it is."

"Anyway, Disaster Sect's not for me. What's next?"

"Ah, yes," Regis nodded, strolling along. "Has anyone talked to you about the Moons yet?"

"Nope."

"Those are the days of the week. Monday is Dark Moon, the unlucky day. Tuesday is Silver Moon, Wednesday is Ocean Moon, and Thursday is Forest Moon. These are all leisure days. Friday is Scarlet Moon, the day with the most risk for the biggest reward. Saturday is Violet Moon, the day of love and affection. And Sunday is Golden Moon, the day of luck."

Nick let this process for a moment. "That's going to take some getting used to saying."

"In time. As for other increments of time, we still use seconds, minutes, and hours."

"Thank god for that," Nick exhaled.

"Gods," Regis corrected, holding up a finger.

"What?"

"There are multiple gods that exist, so you say gods."

Nick shook his head. "I've only ever heard of books doing that . . . ."

"Might want to start! They could be listening." He looked around them with a concerned face.

"Fine, okay," Nick relented.

=^.^=

Their next stop was a building almost as big as the Creature Hunting Sect with white walls and lined with what seemed to be light blue paint all the way around on the top and bottom. The shield carried this same light blue and the symbol of two animalistic figures that were exact copies.  "Lemme guess . . ." Nick stroked his chin. "This is the Sect where you make the copies of animals?"