Chapter 17 - Boris: True Pain

Chapter 17 - Boris: "True Pain"

Boris opened the door to Amaranthe's car, and got out, looking at the small white house to the left. The paint on the outside was chipping in large chunks. There was an ominous golden light from the inside. The house was raised on a cement foundation and had three wooden steps leading up to the door on the side. The middle step was broken and splintered in the middle like something had hit it really hard.

The white wolf turned off the car and darkness consumed them. Not even the light from inside was enough for them to really see out there. The dirt crunched beneath their feet as they approached the sinister abode. It was at this time that Boris's heart was screaming at him to leave.

Amaranthe ascended the steps, skipping the middle, before stopping after grabbing the round bronze doorknob. "You coming?"

"Y-yes," the masked otter nodded. "Just getting my bearings. I've never . . . done this before, after all." Was "done" the right word to use? He no longer felt that there was an item he was purchasing, but something he was partaking in.

"I get that," the wolf smiled, his sharp fangs poking out of his lips. Really sharp fangs. "Most customers haven't. But that's what I'm here for."

Boris swallowed. His mind drifted back to the fact that it might be something sexual, after all. He continued following him. "Alright, I'm okay."

The door opened with a loud creak and that same chemical smell from before filled Boris's senses. Almost overwhelmed him. It seemed like they were in a washroom, the washing machine rattling as it ran through its cycle from where they entered.

The otter barely had any time to process this room before they entered the absolutely spotless living room. It looked like Amaranthe cleaned it almost every hour. The couch had no stains on it, the shelves and coffee table contained no dust, and the wolf wiped even the TV screen completely. Amaranthe totally mopped the wooden floors as well. But there was still that crazy chemical smell that bothered Boris to no end. Everywhere he had been tonight had bothered him.

Amaranthe turned around. "It's five hundred for one. One thousand for two. You can pay me now and use them for as long as you want."

Boris took out his billfold and took out the cash, counting to one thousand just as he had said and handing them to the wolf, whose sinister smile completely freaked him out.

"Thank you, thank you . . ." the canine growled as he flipped through the money. "They're down the hall, just this way." He was already moving again and Boris trailed him, having one last thought to take out his knife and go wild with it, but needing to know what he had just paid for.

The white wolf put his hand on the chrome handle and looked back at him. "Excited?"

"Y-yes," Boris nodded. "Let me see."

Amaranthe pushed the door open and the sound that greeted Boris was horrifying, freezing every strand of fur and every cell of his being. There was grunting, fearful moans, and muffled screaming. Then there was the shuffling of the sheets on the bed, the sound getting faster and faster and then stopping. But the vocal sounds never stopped.

Boris realized his fears when Amaranthe stepped to the side, and he finally saw what had been waiting for him. It was insidious. It was horrible. The otter felt like he had lost his mind with what he had just been chasing earlier and now was staring at with wide eyes behind the plastic wolf mask that covered his face.

Two animals were on the bed, a female mink and a male gazelle, both middle-aged and rather skinny. The duo had been stripped down to their underwear, and their eyes were both wide with fear. Each of their mouths had white cloth gags that were wrapped tightly around their heads. But that wasn't what scared Boris the most.