seventeen

the day of the battle had come so much sooner than you would have liked. in all honesty you didn't even want to go to war yet here you were, standing next to your friends in full netherite armour and a stacked inventory.

you tried to put on a brave face but really you were scared of how this would turn out. surely someone would get injured badly, or worse, die...

techno noticed your concern and gently put a hand on your shoulder. "it's going to be ok. we're going to take him down." he said quietly. you and him both knew that there was no guarantee of things going well but you were grateful for his attempt at comforting you.

as you were heading towards manberg, no one spoke. the silence was so loud, it was not a good start to the day. you would have been more comfortable with some talking as a background noise, it would have been calming.

there was no turning back, wether you liked it or not you would have to fight for your country. or really fight to take the country down, since it only caused problems.

maybe dream was somewhat right, having an independent country within his smp was a stupid idea. the smp was not a bad place, in fact you quite enjoyed living there before everything happened. once wilbur and tommy started their nation you were left out, they didn't have time for you and now you had to sacrifice yourself along with your friends to end it.

your thoughts came to a halt as the group stopped in front of the once thriving nation. the half broken down walls made it look like a ghost town, it had definitely seen better days.

the next thing you knew, people were rushing towards you from all angles, it was an ambush. you had to react fast and blocked a hit from sapnap just in time. thank goodness techno had taught you how to fight properly with a sword.

everyone was occupied and the fight seemed to go on forever. arrows were raining down, potions were being thrown, some occasionally hitting you and causing an immense amount of pain. you didn't give up though, you wanted it to be all over, to have your normal life back. you wished more than anything to go back to the days with technoblade, playing in the snow, reading his books and not having to worry about a thing.

rage flared up in your veins, every swing was powerful and the adrenaline fuelled you. your vision was slightly clouded with sweat but that didn't stop you.

it seemed to go on forever, until you spotted a large group of people run towards the hotdog van. confused, you saw quackity and dream among them. why weren't they fighting? obviously it had to be something important.

without hesitations you shoved your opponent and ran towards the van. it was crowded inside but you could just about make out schlatt lying on the floor, dead. he wasn't breathing, and the other thing you noticed was the bottle in his hand. dried blood was covering his fingers but other then that he looked untouched.

what happened?

were your sore limbs and countless cuts on your body all for nothing? dream then surprisingly announced that finally schlatt was dead. you didn't understand, you thought he was on schlatt's side, that's why you were fighting after all.

he then proceeded to explain that he made a deal with someone in pogtopia, and that he was planning on overthrowing schlatt all along. dream glanced at wilbur and told him to choose their new leader wisely.

your head was still spinning as everyone left the truck, the only ones left were you and techno. standing outside in front of the doors, you watched everyone make their way to the place the infamous festival was held at.

"you okay?" techno asked with slight worry in his tone.

"i'm fine." you breathed, "just confused."

"we did it, i thought it would take a log more effort. come on, let's go and see who the new president will be."

you stood there for a few minutes, looking at each other in comfortable silence. he hugged you loosely, making sure it didn't hurt your bruises.

then you walked together to the common area. everyone was already sitting there, quietly watching the celebration. tommy was on the stage, you could make out some words but your tiredness was not helping.

"tubbo, would you please come on the stage." his voice was muffled, like you were slowly fading away. what was happening? you didn't expect the day to be so confusing.

if you were completely honest with yourself, something felt wrong. it felt too easy. why would dream fight you if he was against schlatt? and why would he just let wilbur and tommy have manberg again? wasn't he against that all along? that's what started the whole war!

millions of questions circled your head and you weren't paying much attention to your surroundings until techno suddenly tensed up and walked forwards. his demeanour changed in an instant, he was no longer tired and careful, he was harsh, and very angry.

"i trusted you tommy. i did everything for you and this is how you repay me? was i just a tool for you? just 'the blade' who could fight for you and then you could throw me away after?" technoblade was furious, tommy had used him and didn't care about his thought. he forgot that techno was human too.

it all clicked for you, you understood where techno was coming from. tommy just wanted his country back when he knew that techno was an anarchist. he knew techno would agree if it meant taking down the government, yet he planned to do everything all over again.

"don't you see history repeating itself? how many times are you planning to make the same mistake? how many people have to die for you to realize it?" he shouted, you could just about tell that there was some pain and hurt in his voice too.

before you knew it, the real war had started.

"you want to be a hero tommy? then DIE LIKE ONE!"

-

yay i'm back with another chapter.

i don't exactly remember the exact details of the war so you'll have to take this instead.