three

if looks could kill, schlatt would be so dead. your eyes were practically stabbing him as he stepped up to the podium. the smug smile he wore triggered you more than anything.

he knew that he would win. he knew that pooling the votes together would get him what he wanted. next to him, quackity was grinning innocently, like a child who won a school prize. you only had one conversation with him, but you were sure his intentions were pure and not like schlatt's- merely for power.

"well... that was easy." he breathed confidently after minutes of silence. "when i came to l'manberg and said things would change, i meant it. things are going to be different now."

of course they were going to be different, you highly doubted that life would be sunshine and rainbows with schaltt as president. your blood boiled with every word that came out of his mouth.

"my first decree..." he started again, "as the president of l'manberg," schlatt paused for dramatic effect, and smirked even wider than you thought possible. his ego was so big it had stretch marks. "the EMPEROR... is to revoke the citizenship,"

your heart stopped. what was he on about?! who on earth was he going to revoke the citizenship of?? now you were convinced he was crazy. and not in a good way.

"of WILBUR SOOT and TOMMYINNIT."

you choked on air. did you hear that correctly? your mind was fogged up in an instant, and your ears seemed to stop working. you couldn't see properly, and all you could hear was a faint mumble of someone talking. everyone sat still in their seats, and you couldn't understand it. why wasn't anyone doing anything? this was wrong on so many levels.

like the calm before the storm, nobody moved. even if you could hear, no one would have been saying anything. all of a sudden, everyone started shouting, running and standing at once.

you snapped back to reality and panicked, you could make out what some citizens were saying.

"get them!"

"no! wilbur!"

"they're going that way! they're escaping!"

"you can't do that!"

you decided you weren't going to be one of those main charachters who stands in the middle of chaos and does nothing, so you did what your instinct told you to; run.

tommy was your brother and wilbur was one of your best friends, you had no intention of parting from them, especially after just arriving back home. you were also not going to stay in a country ruled by schlatt.
nothing was stopping you from running away and helping tommy and wilbur. your head was pounding with every step you took, but you kept running. once you reached the forest, you spotted two people in the distance, running away just like you. it took a while to catch up, but the months you spent exploring sharpened your senses, you easily found where they stopped.

"y/n!" as the only thing tommy said, before you ran over to him and enveloped him in a hug. his clothes and face were dirty and sweaty, and he was out of breath. all three of you had been running for quite a while.

"i'm so sorry." you said, pulling away and looking tommy in the eyes. he nodded weakly.

"it's not your fault." wilbur said quietly. "i can't believe that just happened."

"yeah..." none of you could believe it. the air was filled with sorrow and uncertainty.

"you shouldn't have come with us you know. you could have stayed at home, with all your stuff and sleep in a warm bed." wilbur spoke up again, looking at you.

"will, you and tommy are the two people i trust most." you put a supportive hand on his shoulder and he lifted his gaze to meet yours, "i would much rather be here with you than feeding schaltt's ego in l'manberg."

"thanks." he smiled softly.

schlatt's actions spoke for themselves. his best interest wasn't making l'manberg a better place, it was so obvious now. you wondered why no one else could see that.

your mind drifted to tubbo and niki. what did they think? surely they wouldn't agree with schlatt, right? were they ok?

things had changed so fast and so soon that none of you had time to fully process it, so you stayed quiet and started settling in a small, hidden cave.

you collected dry sticks for a fire, you got food and tried to make it as homey as possible. you didn't have a lot of useful things in your backpack, apart from some food, your tools and your compass, which would lead you back to l'manberg if you ever needed to. (not like that was going to happen any time soon.)

soon it was turning dark and both tommy and wilbur appeared again. wilbur said that a lot of people were looking for them in the forest near l'manberg, but they weren't close to your current hideout.

with the intention of making a bit more space in the cave, you accidentally discovered that it was not so small after all, the cave was the entrance to a long and deep ravine.

perfect, you thought. this was we can stay warm and hide well during the night.

the next few days would consist of hard work, you'd be gathering resources and deciding what to do next. obviously you couldn't live in a cave forever. l'manberg was your home. and now it was taken from you. it was going to be corrupted and ruined, and you didn't want that. wilbur, tommy and you agreed that you could take l'manberg back sooner or later.

but first, you have to gather resources and most importantly, sleep.

with a heavy heart and tired eyes, you put out the fire and fell asleep.

-

guys techno is going to make an appearance soon i swear-