seven

technoblade didn't know what to do. he saw how much it hurt you, yet he didn't know if he could trust you. he really wanted to, but he couldn't. he had lived alone in peace for so long that he forgot about dream, wilbur and the others. little did you know, he knew a lot about l'manberg and the dream smp.

"i guess you can stay here for a few more days..." he said slowly, surprising himself. he always told himself that he was fine without any human company, but for some reason, deep down he wanted you to stay. maybe because you were interested in his favourite book, or maybe because he liked your presence.

"are you sure?" you asked cautiously. was he joking? he didn't sound like he was joking... then again, he didn't really sound like anything.

"do you want me to change my mind?"

"no, thank you so much." you tried to sound as grateful as you could, because you wanted him to know that you really appreciated his kindness. he simply nodded and walked back into the kitchen without another word. you smiled slightly and felt a bit of hope- maybe things wouldn't be so bad after all. sure, techno was very reserved but you felt strangely fond of him.

before you stood up you wondered what tommy and wilbur were up to. what was going on in l'manberg? was everyone ok? you hoped so. you really wished you were there to help. if only dream hadn't showed up. he ruined everything.

techno reluctantly let you help him make dinner since you pleaded to him. he hated how effective your puppy eyes and pouting was. you were just glad you could help since you were going to stay for a while. might as well make yourself useful and repay him in some way. it was calm and quiet in a nice way.

-

it had roughly been a week since you ran away from pogtopia. techno and you had gotten along strangely well, although he didn't talk much. you tried to get to know him but it was quite difficult, you were close to just giving up altogether. you were the type of person who loved to talk about deep things with people you trusted and have only one or two close friends. so naturally when you found out that techno was not one to open up at all, you made it your personal mission to get him to trust you. it was hard. a lot harder than you expected.

currently you were playing outside in the snow with technoblade's polar bear, steve. according to techno, steve didn't like anyone except him so it shocked him when steve instantly became best buds with you. his funny personality made you love him even more. you zoned back in when steve shoved his head under your arm, demanding more attention. you laughed quietly and hugged him. he comforted you and made you feel appreciated. his fur was also incredibly warm and soft. usually you would freeze to death outside since you weren't used to the cold, but techno gave you his old cape so you could spend time with the beloved polar bear.

"i still can't believe he likes you." you let go of steve, only to see techno standing in the snow, looking t you through his mask. his long pink hair looked beautiful, as always.

"he probably likes me more than you." you smirked, it was fun to tease techno. you looked back at steve who was just smiling at you cutely, until you suddenly felt something cold hit your face. it was abrupt and unexpected. you snapped your head towards techno who was now laughing at you. you had never seen him laugh before.

you sneakily made a snowball and threw it back at him. he didn't expect you to challenge him like that but quickly grabbed some snow. "oh it's on." he commented before you got up and sprinted around the house with him in pursuit. you couldn't stop yourself from laughing the entire time, it had been so long since you got to do something fun with someone you trusted.

you weren't paying too much attention as you ducked behind a thick tree and caught your breath. everything was silent, you could only hear your racing heartbeat, no footsteps. quietly, you made a snowball and leaned to the side to look where you had come from. there was no one there. where had techno gone? you were distracted and confused, so you carefully watched the snow, waiting for techno to show up.

all of a sudden, you heard loud footsteps behind you but it was too late. techno had thrown a huge snowball at your head and now your entire face, hair and neck was covered in snow.

"techno!" you shrieked, you were super sensitive to the cold. you angrily turned around to once again see him laughing at you. this time, he was right behind you, sitting in the snow. "you should have seen your face!" he laughed harder.

you smiled. this was very different to how he usually interacted with you. while he was busy laughing at you, you looked at the snow in your hands and leaned over to put some in his face. well, half his face and his mask.

you smiled even wider when he was caught off guard. techno simply smiled and you quickly wiped all of the snow off your face and head. you had never seen him from this close, so you admired his features that you hadn't noticed before. there were small, faint scars all over his jaw. as you scanned his face you noticed something you hadn't seen before. you could just make out two pointy ears from in between his pink hair, you thought it was the most adorable thing ever. as you studied him, techno observed you through his mask. for some reason he felt exposed, like a deer in headlights, he didn't want you to be scared of him or his appearance.

"you're staring." techno stated bluntly. you snapped out of it and made eye contact (you were pretty sure it was eye contact, but you couldn't tell because of his mask). you flushed pink as you had been caught.

"oh- um, yeah- sorry..." you stuttered, then immediately stood up to go back inside. techno followed after you, he didn't say anything else. you felt embarrassed and awkward but you were glad he couldn't see your face anymore.

-

i have the best wallpaper ever, idc what anyone says