six

your curiosity got the best of you as soon as he left the room. you wanted to know what his house was like, if he had any pets, if anyone else lived here and so on. for some reason you wanted to know everything about technoblade. was it because of how he seemingly had no feelings? or because of his mask? you weren't sure but you were going to find out as much as you could.

the covers on the bed were soft and thick. as you lifted them up, you kept your eyes on the door. why did looking around techno's house seem like a crime? whatever. you shrugged it off. the floor kept quiet as you walked out of the room, into a small hallway. it had 2 other doors, one in front of your guest room and one at the end. opposite of that was a staircase, leading to the living area and the kitchen. pretty simple, but homey and warm. it was nice, you liked this house.

technoblade was nowhere to be seen so you decided to examine the living area. it wasn't crowded, and the tall bookshelf immediately caught your eyes. you loved to read, it was something not a lot of people enjoyed these days. the books were thick and old looking, but you thought it looked amazing. you took one off and opened it, only to smell the inside.

(guys i'm not weird- books smell amazing- i swear-)

it calmed you down and made you feel comfortable. you gently flipped it over and studied the cover. the art of war. what an interesting title, you thought. it was simple yet interesting.

"what are you doing?" a firm voice came from behind you. startled, you jumped a bit and almost dropped the book, but luckily caught it in time. techno scared you with his sudden appearance.

you turned around slowly and put the book back, feeling guilty for some reason, like looking at his books was a crime.

"uhh... nothing." you replied, and to no one's surprise, techno's expression didn't change. it made you think, you wanted to find out more about him for sure.

"yeah, it sure looks like it... i'm going to get some food, don't break anything or i will hunt you down." he said before turning around and walking into the white snow outside, without waiting for a response.

"bye..." you muttered and looked around. what now? you had nothing to do. so you picked the book off the shelf once again and sat down. techno wouldn't mind, right? it's just a book on his shelf.

time passed by quickly as you got lost in the book, and you forgot about techno until he came back home. when he saw you he looked a bit surprised. finally, a new expression. he probably lived alone for a long time if he's so surprised that you're here. or he thought you was dumb and was surprised to see you reading a book?

"why are you still here?" he asked while packing some things away in another room. his question surprised you, but suddenly all the horrible events of the previous day suddenly came back into your memory. you frowned and felt a lot of unwanted feelings rise in your chest. you were even sad that techno didn't want you in his house, but after all, you were a random person that had disrupted his privacy, you couldn't blame him.

"oh..." you muttered. you didn't know why you were still here. you had nowhere to go, but obviously you couldn't just stay at a stranger's house forever. "uhh-"

"where were you going when i found you in the snow?" he asked again, this time standing near where you were sitting, his pig mask staring at you intensely. you blinked twice as you thought of a reasonable answer but you couldn't come up with one, so you told him the truth.

"i don't know." you looked at your hands, a habit of yours that you did often when you were embarrassed or nervous. you could feel techno's burning gaze on you, which made you feel more self conscious.

"so you just happened to be wondering in the middle of a huge snow biome with no destination?" he sounded sceptical, you nodded. "then where did you come from?" he raised an eyebrow questioningly.

you sighed to yourself. it was inevitable that you would have to tell someone or face the truth. your best friend and your brother kicked you out of your home. they thought you were a traitor. "i came from pogtopia." you answered, but continued once techno stayed silent, you had a feeling he was waiting for more, "i used to live in l'manberg, with my brother. i've always loved exploring, and i've always wanted to see the world, so one day i decided to just go and travel. wilbur, my best friend, gave me a compass that would always lead me back. when i came back, there was an election going on, and we were revoked of our citizenships. well, tommy and wilbur were, i just went with them because they were the only 'family' i had. about a week later they kicked me out. so i ran away and got lost..."

your voice cracked at the end and you never once looked up to technoblade. he listened quietly and you had no idea what he was thinking- like usual. you had nowhere to go. absolutely nowhere. your heart ached whenever you thought about tommy, wilbur, tubbo, niki, and everyone else. pogtopia and l'manberg left deep scars in you. you didn't bother trying to hide your pain. you just wanted to get over it as soon as possible, even if you knew it would take so long.

-

*wii music intensifies*

guys look

<<3

<<3