twelve

you woke up in a cold sweat, not knowing what time it was. you had fallen asleep successfully but your peaceful dream soon turned into a nightmare. it felt so real, the way everyone in l'manberg wanted you to leave them alone, how no one wanted you around, it reminded you of when tommy and wilbur kicked you out of pogtopia.

"it's manberg now. and that was just a bad dream." you whispered to yourself as you sat up in the makeshift bed. you loved sleeping but once you woke up, you found it very hard to get back to sleep. so you stared at the dark cave walls surrounding you in an attempt to find comfort. being alone didn't help but you guessed everyone was sleeping since no noise came from anywhere. the silence was too loud.

you sat in the same position hugging your knees for a few minutes, until you heard silent footsteps in the hallway. you knew it was too early in the morning for anyone to wake, so immediately you jumped up and tiptoed to your door. there was a tiny crack where you could peek through, but you saw nothing, it was too dark.

who was here? why were they here? was it one of schlatt's allies?
if anyone knew you were hiding here you would all be in deep shit. not like your life was all sunshine and rainbows anyways but you decided that the threat of your secret hiding place being discovered was not something you were willing to risk.

as quietly as possible, you slowly opened your door so you could sneak out. the hallway was dark still, but once your eyes adjusted you saw a very faint light coming from somewhere.

following the light, your heart began to race as you realised that you didn't really have a plan. if it was indeed a spy, then they most likely had a weapon. you decided that you would see who it was and then run to wake someone up... quietly, of course.

you reached the end of the hallway where a room you hadn't seen before was. the door was almost closed but the faint candlelight escaped from the room. you took a large breath and carefull moved so you could look inside.

what you saw was something unexpected, yet it made you relieved and you opened the door to stand in the doorway. before you was techno, he didn't see you since he was facing away, it looked like he was bandaging his hand.

"techno?" you quietly said, you were surprised to see him awake.

he quickly turned around and forgot that he didn't have his mask on. your tired eyes widened at the sight. you have never seen him without his mask, you have always wondered what he looked like but now that you were seeing it your heart once again started beating faster then normally.

he knew it was too late to put it back on, you had seen his face and there would be no point in hiding it at the moment. your features softened as your eyes came across a large, faint scar that stretched above his nose. for whatever reason you couldn't get yourself to stop looking at him, his face was so mesmerizing, so beautiful. his sparkling red eyes were impossible yo look away from.

"y/n? why are you awake?" he asked, no emotion in his voice like usual.

you wondered if he was mad at you for sneaking up on him and being the reason you saw his face.

"i could ask you the same thing." you retorted, still studying his features, he was doing the same. he didn't reply so you took a step closer and finally averted your gaze to his bandaged arm. "what happened?"

he looked away, but you kept your eyes on him, waiting for an answer. "me and tommy were practicing pvp, that's all." he eventually said honestly. "what about you?"

"i had a nightmare..." you answered slowly. his stern features softened and it calmed you down. techno's presence nowadays always made you feel better.

overcome with insomnia and emotion, you gently grabbed his hand and tugged him towards the door. "let's go sleep, we have a big day tomorrow." you quietly mentioned. the festival. it was going to be risky but you were somewhat excited to be involved with the action.

techno nodded and placed his mask back on his face, which made you feel slightly disappointed even though you didn't know why. it made you want to ask him why he wore the mask, when his face was so pretty.

you felt comfortable holding his hand, it made you forget about the fear you felt when you thought someone had sneaked into the ravine. his hand was warm, while yours was cold like always, but you couldn't help but notice how well the fit together.

no, focus. you're just tired and in need of a hug, stop thinking about it.

soon you stopped in front of your door and sadly let go of his hand. he didn't really know what to do and neither did you.

"try and sleep, ok? and if you have nightmares again... you can wake me up." he hesitated a bit when he said the last part. your heart did a random backflip which you ignored.

"thank you, goodnight techno." you smiled tiredly and made eye contact. his small smile appeared under his mask, making yours widen.

"goodnight y/n. for real this time."

with that you went back to your room and fell asleep quickly, without any bad dreams.

-

cute chapter? kind of?