nine

you glanced at your compass and felt your heartbeat speed up. you were near. you had to be. it had been a few hours since you left techno's house and the woods you were in looked familiar, the large spruce trees reminded you of where you were headed. l'manberg. well, not exactly l'manberg, but you could only find pogtopia if you knew where l'manberg was.

in some way it was peaceful walking alone in the woods, the gentle breeze was nice and it reminded you of your travels before the election. you thought that techno would probably enjoy the adventures too, he seemed to know a lot about everything, especially navigating and things that you learned while exploring the world.

techno had been on your mind a lot lately, you really wanted to keep thanking him for letting you stay at his house. not only did you have a nice place to stay with company, he listened to you no matter what and understood, but spending time with him got your mind off tommy and wilbur, and what could possibly be happening in l'manberg.

even though you were literally going back there because no one told you that techno was going to magically disappear without a trace.

soon you spotted a dirty pathway between the trees. was this really what you thought it was? after pushing some branches out of your face you spotted it in the distance. the place where you grew up. the place that forced you to flee with your friends and family.

you felt like it had been years since you visited. staying with techno had been so great, it felt like you had been there for so long, when it was only about a month and a half. reality hit you as you stared at l'manberg. you were about to walk into pogtopia with absolutely no plan and techno would definitely not be happy to see you.

you shrugged and hoped that things would work out when it came to them. the leaves crunched under your feet as you turned away from l'manberg and made your way through the forest again, this time towards a certain cave. as you stood in front of it a few minutes later your stomach turned in uneasiness. what would you say? you had no real reason to be here. did tommy and wilbur still think of you as a traitor?

the cold enveloped you when you entered the small opening. everything looked the same as when you had left. were they even here? tommy said that they were hiding in a ravine in his letter to techno. was it this one?

relief filled your thought when you spotted the stairs leading down into the darkness. this had to be it. slowly but surely it got lighter and lighter the further you descended into the ravine. it sure looked different now, there were wooden planks and buttons decorating the sided, while many torches were lined up to illuminate the place entirely. it looked wonderful.

you got a bit excited by being here again. just a bit. it made you feel important somehow, like you were about to take part in something meaningful and influential.

you were snapped out of your thoughts when you heard a very familiar voice. your heart swelled with happiness. you found him! he was here, and probably well. the room that the voice was coming from was not far away, there was no door as far as you could tell and it was lit up inside.

silently, you snuck up to the side of the door so no one inside would see you and listened one more time to make sure that you were correct.

"okay. i don't have all the time in the world though, i need to go back home soon, it's important." techno's voice surprised you, it was softer than usual and you felt like it contained emotion. wait, was he talking about you? were you important to him?

you were so happy that you didn't bother to hide anymore, you jumped up and stood in the doorway. techno and wilbur were the only people in the room. it looked like it was a farm of some sort- you were too busy being glad that techno was there to care. all the exaggerated scenarios you had come up with on how techno could be hurt vanished from your mind.

your body acted sooner than your mind could think, and before you knew it, you ran up to techno and threw your arms around his shoulders, embracing him in a hug. he was stunned to say the least, he had not been expecting you to appear out of nowhere, let alone hug him. he slowly returned the hug as a million questions raced through his mind. you felt safe in his arms and you were also really glad that he accepted the embrace, otherwise you would have definitely started to overthink it.

"techno!" you squeaked, still holding onto him like your life depended on it. you didn't think you would be this happy at the sight of him.

"what are you doing here y/n?" he asked slowly, still processing everything that was happening. technoblade pulled away and looked into your eyes through his mask, searching for an honest answer.

you smiled at him before responding, "i came to find you!". now you were getting worried that he would be mad at you. you really just ran after him with no clue why he was gone. and now that you were here both of you knew you weren't going back. not without techno.

-

what's up, its your swaggy author writing fanfiction at 1 am
(i fell asleep)