Just then, two girls, one with white hair and one with dark hair but both with purple eyes, holding lanterns speak in unison

"Good evening. Tonight, you've come to enter the Demon Slayer Corps' Final Selection. Thank you all for being here."

The white haired girl says, "Here, on MT. Fujikasane, there are several demons that were captured alive by demon slayers swordsmen. They're kept here for this event."

The ravenette says, "The wisteria blossoms prevent them from leaving. They bloom on this mountain year round, and they cover everything from the base to halfway to the top."

The white haired girl adds, "But the wisteria ends here, so demons abound from this point on, and they're very hungry."

"In order to complete Final Selection, you must survive for seven days beyond the wisteria's protection," Says the ravenette.

They say in perfect sync, "Now, your trial begins!"

                       🗡🗡🗡

The seven days were up as I gaze at the horizon, waiting for my friends to return. We'd ended up getting separated but I'd managed to slay the demons that'd crossed me, though not without gaining some injuries.

I just hope that Giyu and the others are on their way back. I know they'll make it, as I believe in their abilities.

Even so, I still can't help the sinking feeling in my chest.

I turn my head at the sound of approaching footsteps, only to relax at the familiar sight of spiky black hair in a ponytail and choppy bangs, accompanied with piercing blue orbs.

"Giyu-kun!" I gasp in immense relief. I was about to hug him, but pause upon seeing the look on his face. I also spot the deep crimson of blood leaking down the left side of Giyu's face. "Giyu-kun? What is it? Where are Sabito-kun and Makomo-chan?" He still doesn't answer as I place my hands on his shoulders. I gaze into his saddened, tear filled blue eyes and knew the answer, then. Tears well up in my own eyes as Giyu wraps his arms around me and buries his face in my chest, body trembling. I just hug him back as tightly, sobbing as well. After a long moment, I pull back and say, "Come on! We made it, and that's all that matters now. Let's keep moving forward, okay, Giyu-kun?"

He looks at me and nods his head. Giyu wipes the tears away before he puts my arm around his shoulders and the other around my waist, before we head back to meet with the girls to make our nichirin katanas.

We were surprised to find only four of us had made it. Before us is a table lined with a purple cloth.

"Welcome back, everyone," Say the two girls as they stand before it.

"And congratulations," The white haired girl says.

"We're pleased to see you're safe," The ravenette adds.