CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Gwaze's POV

So today is the day Lucy becomes my soon to be wife. I sent her a message this morning telling her to come to my house for dinner at 07:30 pm meaning she will be here in ten minutes.

I have already prepared dinner and decorated my living room with rose petals. Ohhh and I bought her some daisy flowers.

Ten more minutes till she becomes my soon to be wife. I can't wait to make her Mrs Gwaze. It kinda has a nice ring to it.

Lucilla Gwaze.

Adding some champagne to the table our night is all set. (' -').

Lucy's POV

Getting a notification on my phone telling me my uber has arrived I make my way to my front door only to collide with a hard kinda soft wall half way through the door causing me to fall flat on my butt. Looking up I'm met with a set of sexy "fuck me eyes".

"Anthony what the fuck man?" I said getting up.

"Oh wow Lucy no "I missed you babe" or  " I'm happy to see you my awesome sexy boyfie"?". Huh as if I'll ever say that to him. "Looking hot babe where are you headed?'' He asks.

Oh don't mind me love I'm just going to have a dinner date with a man that is old enough to be my father. As if I'll say that. " I'm going to have dinner at Mira and Anna's place. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Do I need a reason to see my beautiful hot girlfriend? I just wanted to spend the night with you. Should I wait up or are you going to sleep at their place?" He asked. To be honest I was planning on spending the night at a motel just to clear my head.

"Wait up. I think I'll be back by nine or so. Order some food. I'll see you later love." I say leaving and hopping in my uber.

The ride to Mr Gwaze was short filled with comfortable silence. I hopped out of the uber and made my way to his front door. I have a feeling that me coming here tonight is a huge mistake. I feel like with every step I take towards his door trouble is brewing. I feel like something bad is about to happen.

I mean I'm willingly going to his place. He is the same guy that killed Dave. He is the same guy that broke into my place and stole my knife and killed someone with it. He is the same sick bastard that threatened to pin the murder on my best friend. He is the same asshole that took explicit pictures of me and threatened to post them all over campus.

What am I doing walking into the lion's den? What if he ...... Let me not think about it. I mean he is sweet now. A changed man now. Knocking at the door I take a deep breath and wait for him to answer. He opened the door taking my hand and leading me to his living room. The deco is amazing.

I'm gonna give credit where it's due. He really out did himself. From the table setting with flowers and shit. No boy has ever done that for me.

"I'm not really the romantic type but I hope this pleases you." He said scratching his neck nervously. Well that's a first.

"It absolutely beautiful..... Thank you Tim." I smiled warmly at him. Oh yeah we are on first name base now. He pulled out a chair for me and I sat down. Throughout dinner he seemed nervous about something. I don't even wanna ask him about it cause what if I say something that upsets him and he decides to kill me like he did with Dave.

Oh my God. I'm too sexy to die. Oh and my outfit..... Oh hell know I can't be a ghost looking sexy as hell.. What if I go to hell.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked devouring his food." You haven't said much since you got here. Is something wrong? Don't you like the food?".

"No the food is great. I just have a lot on my mind. You know with the exams and stuff."

"Oh I see... Tell me if you need help." I nod. We continued eating talking about my childhood and my dreams and which hospitals I wanna work at.

After eating we shared a bottle of wine and talked about random stuff. After sometime Mr Gwaze kept quiet and observed me. As I started to get shy he reached for my hands and gently stroking them. He looked me in the eye. His eyes shining with.....love??? Ohhhh hell no !!!! Nop!!! No!!! Not happening. Run Lucy run!!!!

"Lucy do you remember the first time we saw each other?" I nod. " Well that day when I laid my eyes on you I knew I had to make you mine. The way you smiled at me and the sound of your voice did things to me." The actual fuck is going on here? Is he pouring his heart out for me? Oh shit is getting real. Run Lucy run!!!!

"And when you found out I was married and you told me to divorce my wife I knew I had to do it." He continued. Hey hey hey what have I done??? I should make a run for it. This won't end well..  It will end in tears mixed with a dead body... A funeral. I can already see it.

"I know blackmailing you and your friend was shitty and for that I apologize. I'm sorry for taking those pics of you. One thing I don't regret is killing Dave. He touched what was mine and for that I had to kill him." He said staring into space... Psycho alert...!!! Run Lucy Run!!!

"I love you Lucy and no one is gonna get in the way of our love. Not even my unborn child managed to get me away from you. Sharon tried to trap me into marriage with a child when I asked for a divorce. So I did what I had to do. You are my sunshine Lucy. I love you absolutely. My love for you is like the summer rain. Pouring into my soul maturing my seeds of happiness. You are my vaccine to covid. I'm willing to destroy anything and anyone that tries to take you away from me. I love you Lucy." He said sweetly getting down on his knees and searching for something in his pocket. No no nooo!!! This cannot be happening. Why the hell is he doing this?

He removed a small velvet box and smiled up at me.

"Lucilla Milton.... Will you ma....." A knock on the door interrupted him. Shooting up from my seat I run to the door yelling "I'll get it". Please let it be baby Jesus coming to save me from this situation. Opening the door I'm greeted by two policemen with uniforms. Hallelujah they came to arrest me for being stupid enough to be dinning with this guy.

"Yes I'm guilty arrest me. Look me away and throw away the keys." I say extending my hands for them to take me away.

"Uhm ma'am have you been drinking? We are not here to arrest anyone. Is Mr Timothy Gwaze home?" The short one asks looking at me as if I have grown four heads. Mr Gwaze pops up behind me saying yes.

"Your daughters Mirabella and Annabella were involved in a car accident and have been rushed to the hospital." The short one says before leaving.

"Wait here I have to go to the hospital." Mr Gwaze said grabbing his car keys. If I stay here that means he will still propose to me when he gets back. If I go with him I'll just call Anthony to come pick me up from the hospital.

"I'm coming with you." Without arguing with me we headed to the hospital on his car.

                 ..............
We were led to Mira's room since Anna was still being operated on. Mr Gwaze got in first and I followed after him.

Mira laid there in bed with tubes connected to her body. She looked up and smiles when she noticed us in the room.

"Hey Mira.... I want you to meet my fiance Lucy. Oh wait you have already met right?" Mr Gwaze chirps. Before I could say anything a loud voice booms behind us.

"YOUR WHAAAAAAT?????!"

Shit.....Anthony.