CHAPTER TWELVE

LUCY

"Your bail has been granted and paid for, you are free to go..... And try to stay out of trouble." I rolled my eyes and went out of the holding cell.

"Who paid for my bail cause I don't remember calling someone to get me out." I asked the police officer as she brought me to the check out point. I can't believe I had spent twenty four hours in a holding cell as if what transpired yesterday was my fault. If that bitch haven't posted about me none of this shit would have happened but then again the stars are never aligning for me. But on the bright side me, Tracy and Dave all got arrested for noise violation and fighting.

"Some dude with a huge stomach. I think his name was Tim....." the lady was cut off by a voice behind us that made my blood turn cold.

"That would be me sweetheart." I slowly turned around to see Mr Gwaze smirking at me. What is wrong with this guy?? "So you spent twenty four hours in jail with unicorn pyjamas on? Damn girl you look cute in those." He added grinning like an idiot.

"Why did you bail me out? Also how did you know I got arrested." I asked raising my eyebrow. Instead of answering my question he handed me my car keys along with a daisy flower. This shit is getting weird now. I meant what is up with people and giving me yellow flowers? But I will have to worry about that later. What I need right now is some food in my tum tum. Oh I guess now I have to pay Mr Gwaze back. As if he was reading my mind he said. "Let's get you some food and you don't have to pay me back." He winked at me and led me to the exit. I followed after him and stopped when we got to my car. I unlocked it he got in on the passenger side. Like what the hell. Who the fuck told him to get in my car? I got in and stared at him.

"What ???" he said shrugging as if him bailing me out, bringing my car and the flower wasn't that big of a deal. "Drive to McDonald to get some food." he added. Okay this guy is creeping me out. How the hell does he know I love McD food? Then again McD is loved by everyone so that is not creepy. I started the car and drove to McD. We went inside and he told me to find a seat while he went to place our order. I sat by the window. Some time later he came with our food.

"I ordered your favourite." He said taking a seat. I am not even going to ask how he knew that cause common sense is one thing I lack of when I'm hungry. Without thinking twice I devoured my meal and I could feel his eyes on me. I tried by all meant to ignore him and focus on my wonderful meal. But I felt uncomfortable eating with him burning holes on my head.

"Ain't you going to eat?" I asked finally lifting my head to look at him. He was staring at me and grinning like I was a big fat slice of cake given to him after he spent fifty days without any sugar in his system.

"Nah, I was just enjoying the view first. I have to say mother nature's creation is at it's best." he said with a shrug. I looked outside only to see a tall grey building. That's man made. I didn't know what he was talking about. This guy is super crazy but whatever. I continued eating my meal as he started eating his. We ate in awkward silence but I did not care though as long as I was filling my empty stomach. We finished eating.

"Why did you go to Tracy's place to start a fight?" He asked. It really is none of his business but since he got me out of jail and bought me some food I guess I do owe him some explanation. So I told him the whole story from what Anthony said happened at the restaurant to how I ended up getting arrested. He listened attentively.

"So you don't remember what happened?" I nodded. "So there is a possibility that Dave might have...." I nodded again. Mr Gwaze looked angry. His knuckles were white from balling his fists.And his jaw was clenched as if he's trying to stay calm. "So your boyfriend Anthony was there and he did not protect you?"

"No he is not my boyfriend. We are just friends.... Well used to be cause now he wants nothing to do with me. He actually believes Dave is innocent." I told him with a sad shrug. Mr Gwaze held my hand that was on the table. I wanted to move my hand away but it would had been rude so I let him squeeze it gently.

"Oh so you are single?" I nodded not knowing why he wanted to know." I will make sure Dave regrets ever laying his hands on you. No one is allowed to do that except m... I mean no one is allowed to touch you without your concern. Don't worry I will deal with him. You don't have to ever worry about someone ever hurting you ever again." Mr Gwaze reassured me. We went to my car and I drove him to his place then went home. Mickey wasn't home so I went straight to bed and fiddled with my phone. I played a few games then dozed off.

After what felt like hours I woke up.It was dark outside. I went to the kitchen to find daisy flowers on the table and a note attached. I went to my fridge and got some left over fried chicken, warmed it up and ate. Mickey arrived and we watched some movies. I started getting sleepy. I went to the kitchen to get a glass of milk cause why not? After drinking my milk I looked at the note attached to the flowers. It is done. Just like I promised. I ignored the note and went to bed and dozed off.

Morning came and I was woken up rudely by my alarm clock. I turned it off. I took my phone and went to my gallery. A video of me was at the top. I played it. That's when it all came back and hit me like a lightning strike. The events that transpired at the restaurant. What Dave did to me. The video became black but Dave and my voice were still heard. Me crying and something being smashed was heard. Mickey came running into my room after hearing me scream as I watched/listened to the video. I showed her the video and she drove me to the police station.

I showed the detective from the hospital the video with tears uncontrollably running down my face. Mickey tried consoling me but it did not help. So Dave really did it. Another police officer entered the room that we were in.

"Detective I'm afraid I have bad news regarding Lucilla's case." the police officer said. What could be worse than me finding out the truth about what happened to me?

"David also known as Dave was found dead this morning in his home. His manhood was cut off and shoved into his mouth. It looks like he was beaten to death before his 'thing' got cut off."

WHAT THE HELL?????