Chapter two- Fresh start

Lucilla's POV

Today is my first day at varsity and I'm already late. I came to Cape Town university to study medicine. I don't want to be a doctor but then again you can't really argue with parents. My parents always wanted me to be a doctor so who am I to refuse? Shit I'm still at my apartment and I should've been in class two minutes ago.

I take a quick shower and throw on a black oversized hoodie and black ripped jeans. I take my gigantic glasses , grab my keys and drive to class. I arrive at exactly 08:23. I'm twenty three minutes late I'm sure the lecture won't mind. I must come up with an excuse... A good one .

I run to my class only to trip and fall inside. "Fuck" I mumbled and walked to the nearest desk. The stupid lecture walks towards me. Oh boy here we go 😕😕.

"Young lady what's your name?" He asked. Damn it why didn't I arrive early. Play it cool Lucy I say to myself?

"Milton.... Lucilla Milton but just call me Lucy" I said sweetly.

"Why are you late?" He asked harshly.

"I got lost Sir I'm sorry " I said still looking down.

"Ever heard of something called Google maps? And you ought to look at me when I'm talking to you " he said sternly. Rude much😨😨😨. .What an Asshole. Let me use my charm and wiggle my way out of this.

I slowly lifted my head and removed my hoodie and glasses. I know he won't be able to resist me. I smiled and mumbled a quick sorry and bit my lip. I watch as he looks at my lips with lust and hunger. Jackpot.... He looks at me for a while before composing himself and continued with his lesson. He was looking at me the entire time.

This fool is crushing on me . That's funny. He is not even my type let alone my peer. He looks like he is forty or something. The lesson came to an end and I went about the day attending my classes.

.........

I get to my apartment feeling exhausted. I take my phone and called my mom. After two rings she picks up.

"Hello my baby"she said with her angelic voice. I miss her already.

"Hey Mom. How are you?" I asked.

"Awesome as always. I miss you already. The house is so quiet without you. How was your first day? Did you see any cute boys? Have you kissed someone yet?" She asked. What's wrong with this woman?

"One question at a time please"I laughed" My day was great except for arriving late . Yes I've seen some cute boys and yes I kissed sixteen of them" I joked.

"That's my baby girl" she squealed.

"You do know I'm kidding right?" I say

"Duh I know... You're too shy for that shit. Anyway I gotta go now your dad is taking me out on a date. Oh my Gosh I forgot to shave" she said.

"Mom TMI. I don't wanna hear that shit" I said gaging.

"Language young lady" she said.

"I learn from the best. Enjoy your date and say hi to dad. I love you. Miss ya" I said.

"Love ya too but not like I love your dad and the things he does to me" she said dreamly.

"Ewwww. My poor Virgin ears. Bye mom . I need therapy" I said and hanged up.

My mom is something else. I start making dinner. Once I'm done I dish up and made my way to my living room and watched Rhythm City on Etv. My apartment is not big. It has a kitchen, laundry room , living room, bathroom and two bedrooms but mine has a joined bathroom. My mom and dad bought it for me. I might need a roommate or else I'll die with boredom.