15

"I-isnt that Y/n and Hoseok?" Taehyung asked in fear. "Yes its them" Jinae spoke, still not getting why are you both together at a cafe, leaving your big ass friend group. "They are out here, on a d-date?" Taehyung asked her in fear, still gazing at you, who seemed to be quite disturbed.

"How can you conclude that," jinae asked in disbelief, smacking his head, although she herself was in fear of losing Hoseok. She instantly realised whatever she had been trying to do since last 3 days was absolutely wrong. She shouldn't have planned anything with Taehyung that day, when she first met him at the school.

Flashback [ 3 days back] ; Jinae's POV

I walked towards the school's main gate, discussing with Y/n about the assignments that we recently completed. "Yes but I think they'll ask for it in the second semester. Our assessments have been already marked and the upcoming exams would be ofㅡ" I stopped her from saying whatever she tried to state, because she was going on the wrong side, which might cause her to lose her marks.

"No, Y/n. Nothing like that would happen. Mr.Baek has already given us the deadline. Don't worry, we'll complete it" i assured her, as she sighed and tugged on my sleeves.

"Okay" she whined. I smiled and chukled at her. This girl is the best thing to ever happen in my life.  Meeting her at the cafe brought nothing but positivity in my life. Living within my father's embrace for such a long tine, I lost all interest in the world around me, but she helped me in gaining back my consciousness, unintentionally.

I love it when she addresses me as her elder sister. Though I fail to express my gratitude towards her, she copes up with me every now and then. "Unnie!" I flinched, seeing her waving her hands infront of my face. "Back to Earth?" She asked. I rolled my eyes and walked ahead. She giggled and followed my lead.

Walking towards the classroom, we passed through the principal's office when I saw a familiar boy. He was talking with the principal's peon. Squinting my eyes to take a better look, I recognized who he was.

Stopping in my tracks, I glanced at y/n, who was busy admiring a bug sitting on her palms. Furrowing my eyebrows, I shook her shoulder, "Go to the class, I'll  be right there" I spoke, but before she could reply, Beomgyu showed up. "Yah! You ugly face!"

He called out, looking at Y/n. She gasoed realizing that the insulting nickname was used for her. "How dare you-" Without completing her sentence, she ran behind him, dissappearing at the hallway's turning.

Taking the chance, I walked towards the principal's office, standing right behind the boy, who was busy in chatting with his new friend. "Kim Taehyung" I said, folding my arms on my chest. He flinched and turned back when his frightened expression turned into a shocked one. "Kim Jinae?" Be raised his voice. "Yes, that's me." His face turned into an annoyed one, "Now why are you here?" He asked rolling his eyes. "This is a school, so I suppose I am here to study?" I spoke, a pinch of coldness audible in my voice.

He rolled his eyes, "Why do you not come to visit my parents nowadays? Its been 4 years since I have to hear about you by my parents. Why would they even miss you. I mean I am far better than you and on top of that, I am their own child but they still don't care. But you know what, just come over once a year atleast. You still irritate me though-" Taehyung continued his complains as I saw Hoseok and his team, walking by the hallway.

Spotting Hoseok,  I saw him, as fresh as ever, while he smiled cheerfully at his fellow team mate. I don't know how, but our eyes locked for 3 seconds when I gave him a smile. A really wide one. I am friends with him, but I want us to be something more. He is everything I ever wished for. The best human, for whom I fell head over heels.

I sighed when he walked away, keeping his arms on Mia, his team mate's shoulder. Saddening at the thought, my brain lit up with many useless ideas to make him notice me, but one of the ideas was too likely to be in my favour.

"Are you here?" Taehyung asked, clicking his fingers. I flinched and glared at him. Looking at him, I realized maybe I can do something to gain my crush's attention.

"Do you want people to know that we are cousins?"