7

"Taehyung-ah, t-the plane from which they were going land here, h-has c-crashed while l-anding"

_

My whole body froze hearing his trembling voice trying to form a sentence. After contemplating his words, my eyes started getting teary.

"I am going to the airport. The authorities said that the crash isn't that big. Don't worry too much okay?"

"H-hyung. . ." Even after trying, my voice came out shaky. "Stay back at the school for a while."

But before I could have protested, the line went silent.

I just wanted to rip that heavy bag containing chocolates and food for Y/n off my shoulders and runaway, embracing my father in my arms but my body was stiffened at the moment.

"Tae, is everything okay there?" Y/n spoke in her soft voice. I didn't realise when I had walked towards the door, holding it's broken knob.

Her voice soothed the tension in my heart. Not completely but it helped enough to ease my chest a bit.

I wiped my tears and turned back with a smile and saw her face filled with worry. I assured her of my goodness, but she was still not ready to be fed with my lie

I casually walked towards her and smiled wider. "Yes you were saying something."

She shook her head. "Its okay we can talk about it later. The phone seemed like an emergency. Are you taking a half day off today?"

I chuckled at her. This is really not the stubborn and whiny Y/n I know. It might be something really important that she is acting like a sophisticated person.

I mean, I know her since the 8th gradeㅡ

And I think the span of 3 years of friendship is good enough to know each other thoroughly. (Idk how to explain-)

I wanted to hear her but my mind was too immersed in the plane crash that I didn't want to pay attention to other things.

I felt like my mind, ears and tongue were tied up together.

My mind was blocked.

Ears weren't ready to listen anything, other than 'they are safe' and mouth sewed up because of the burning lump inside my throat.

However, I shook my head and motioned her to continue, "No it isn't Y/nie. You can continue"

But she still shook her head.

In an instant, I cupped both her cheeks, making her stop.

I chuckled looking at her bambi eyes, filled with stars, looking at me.

"Come on."

She sighed a breath and looked up at me.

"Fine. I wanted to say that I like you, not as a friend but as a man. I like you"

My breath hitched hearing her. My hands that were placed on her cheeks started loosening.

I was planning on confessing my liking for her but being the coward I am, I didn't.

Instead, It's her who confessed first.

Just when I was going to give her a smile and confess my love, My phone rang again.

It was Jin hyung again.

Her eyes which were already filled with fear of rejection, were now filled with disappointment.

Without any second thought, I picked up the phone.

"Taehyung-ah. . .They failed to s-save the pass-passengers"

My eyes widened. This time, instead of tears and sadness, my whole body heated up with anger.

Tears of anger built up inside me.

Though I knew it wasn't my fault, my mind had such control over me that I couldn't help but blame myself for it.

For a second, I entirely blamed the company

Ofcourse, why didn't the company took care of the pilot errors or mechanical failures?

If it wasn't for that, the plane wouldn't have crashed today. My father's and uncle's life with hundreds of other people wouldn't have been in danger.

I felt like throwing things around me but controlling myself, I fisted my hands.

"I am coming"

"N-"

This time before he could've rejected, I declined the call.

"Tae" I turned around, not realising with whom was I standing or where was I standing.

The tears of fear started burning my eyes. My chest heaved up and down because of the heavy breathings.

"Tae, are you okay?" I wanted to be alone at the moment but her sweet voice sounded like a high pitched ugly sound shouting in my ears.

She held my arms lightly but I flinched because I was too immersed in my own world.

Yanking her hands away, I distanced myself from her. I didn't want to hurt her but my mind told me to stay away from everything and everyone before I could hurt myself or any of them.

"Don't touch me"

Her worried face turned into a hurt one and unconsciously it pierced right through my heart after I realised that it was because of me.

"I-i am sorry Taehyung-ah. I thought you liked me back too since I saw your friendly care for me as a lead for me to think of us as more than friends"

"Y/n I- just- stop. Stop talking, I don't wanna hear anything right now. And yes, it IS your mistake that you kept your hopes high and expected something from me."

I blurted out whatever rolled out of mind in anger and backed away from her, making a run towards the door, not even glancing back at her for once.

_

Taehyung is stubborn ;")