Chapter 28: Danger.

May 22nd, 1989

May 22nd, 1989. 7:04 P.M.

As I crossed the lawn, coming up to the house, I realised something was very wrong. The front door was wedged open, and shards of wooden pieces had snapped off. It looked as if it had been banged in.

It's dark inside, with no lights on, I couldn't see a thing in the pitch black. I still go inside, very slowly stepping in. I'm frightened as someone snaps the door shut behind me.

The lights flickered on to reveal three gun toting men before me. The sight sends a bolt of fear through me. Not only that, the house was turned upside down and wrecked beyond repair.

Pillows and the couch cushions had been shredded apart, feathers scattered through the living room. Furniture was flipped over and snapped in half.

"Nice of you to join us." one of them said, he appeared well dressed. I suspected he was behind all of this, "How are you?"

I'm consumed by terror, so much that my words strangled me. I couldn't make more than a low pitched cry, even if I wanted to. One of the other men grabbed me.

"Please let me go." I cried out.

"Tell us where you keep the supplies and money." said the boss man, his voice was laced in a sinister tone.

"It's not mine." I trembled.

"Don't play with us, b!tch!" screamed the one holding me, as he shoved the gun into my temple. They had no pity, "We've seen you at Tulsa High."

"You've got a good little business going for yourself, don't you?" the one in charge grinned a twisted look, "One last chance."

By this point, I was blubbering. My speech was delayed as my brain tried to comprehend what was happening, "In the vent. In that room." I told them.

The silent man retrieved the supplies, "And?" he asked, fearing I was holding out on him.

"Under the sink. Lift the board." I croaked, blind with panic.

The boss steps towards me, I quiver as he caresses my cheek, "Good girl." he sharpened in his teeth, "Tie her up."

I'm whisked onto a chair, and stripped with rope, so tight it rubs my skin. I draw a sharp breath, praying to god that someone would help me. 

May 22nd, 1989. 7:11 P.M.

Aftermath of the rumble spread throughout the house. Evie iced cuts and bruises on Steve's forehead. Sally cleaned up the traces of blood on Soda's knuckles. He wasn't sure if it was his own or not.

Half of the gang had fallen on the lawn and been dragged onto beds. Darry scans the house, realising I'm missing. He searches for me, only to realise I'm gone. "I'm going to find her." he stresses, grabbing his truck keys.

Brian reminds Dallas of the unsafe conditions due to the trouble they caused with a rival gang. They had failed to tell me about it, resulting in the immediate need for Brian to tell Darry where I would be.

Dallas grabs him by the arm, pinching him as he speaks, "She's at our place, old boy." he lied to Darry's face.

Brian looks at his friend, then realises what he's trying to do. He nodded his head, "That's right. She said was going to go over there." he confirmed.

Darry calmed down, "Oh, alright. Tell her she needs to be home by 10."

Playing it cool, the pair decide it's time to get the hell out of there and race home. Brian leaps over the car, and into the driver's seat, while Dallas bangs on the dashboard for him to hurry up.