Chapter 18: Just Friends.

April 25th, 1989

April 25th, 1989. 7:28 P.M.

It didn't take Dallas very long to get sauced. He downed a few shots while on the job, much to Brian's dislike, Dallas wasn't the type to listen to him, or anyone to be exact.

He stumbled, looking lost through lines of tents until he found one. Dallas walks straight in. It was covered in tapestries from the roof to floor. He spins around, the colours make him lightheaded, and off balanced. He falls to his knees before an older woman.

Between them was a table with a crystal ball. Her teeth sharpened into a grin, as if she had been waiting for his arrival. "Witch..." whispered Dallas, "...You're a witch." He rubbed his eyes.

The woman holds her hand out, "Give me your hand, child. Let me see the lines." she said, offering insight for a small fee. He slips her a hefty note, not realising it at the moment.

She takes a long, hard look at his palm, "I can see you've been feeling down... sexually." she glares up at him.

Dallas snickered, "Sex... I know sex." he divulges.

She shakes her head, as if he was lying to her, "You need release, you have a build up of tension." she presses her thumb down on his palm.

He winces and rips it from her grip. He ponders the possibilities, then leans in for a kiss from her but the woman stops him. "No, child. Not me. Find another girl, one that makes your heartbeat skip."

The rejection angers Dallas, "Your bogus. A sham." he hisses. On the way out, he spits in an urn near the entrance. 

April 25th, 1989. 7:28 P.M.

Dallas trekked back to the shared tent, where I was in the middle of changing my shirt. I let out a little yelp as he saw me, trying to hide but there was nowhere. "It's alright. I won't look." he turned around. It wasn't like him to act like a gentleman.

"You can look if you want." I sighed, there was no point, he had already seen me in the same state once or twice before. I lift the shirt up, and it snags on my necklace. I jerked at the fabric that was caught, "Help, please." I groaned to Dallas.

He comes over, helps me out of the shirt. The two of us stand there, the air thin with awkward silence. I couldn't breathe. It was deathly cold in here, yet my movements became strange. I didn't move, I stood there shirtless. Dallas just looked at me.

His knuckles traced against my arm, causing sharp shivers through my whole body. His rough hand moved onto my waist, it just rested there. I didn't know if it was me or him who was inching closer, but the gap between us shortened.

Something was happening, I just didn't know what it was. His hand went away from me, then again, I felt it...

It caressed my breast, and at the same moment, our bodies joined in the middle. Painfully aware of the emptiness of the tent, not even the wind or movement from outside could disturb this moment of ours.

His lips parted mine, and worked, moved, thrusted against them... effortlessly, my feet are lifted from the floor. Dallas carries me to a bed, lays me down with him. The intention in his body was so much, too much for a virgin... as if he could read me, mind and all, he concludes the kiss. 

"You've never been touched this way." his voice was so deep, I drowned in it. He sees the look register on my face, before I could lie to him, a smile plays on his face. He knew it wasn't what I was used to...

After the ritual is complete, Dallas rolls over. He sits upright on the edge of the bed, he tells me it is just a friend thing. I wanted to cry at that realisation. He didn't fall in love. That wasn't Dallas. It was me however, I had feelings for him... I must've known that before I willingly jumped into bed with him.