Chapter 24: Emotions.

May 4th, 1989

May 4th, 1989. 1:23 P.M.

Soda has me cornered in the bedroom. I glance at the door behind him as he comes closer with something in his closed palm. He had been chasing me around the house for a good ten minutes now, and I still didn't know what was in his hand.

As he launched at me, I jolted out of his way and over the bed. He chases me around the living room, stepping over the couch and all, accidentally knocking over a vase. It shattered all over the floor and glass fragments trickled under the couch.

The two of us were too intensely in the moment to realise. I dodged him again and ran straight into an unwilling party's chest. I hit Steve and fell to the ground in a heap. Both of them hold me down, and Soda climbs onto my stomach.

I kick and squirm, trying to get him off of me. He exposes his empty hand which I was so badly wanting to avoid, "Oh, real funny boys." I puffed. They both uproar in laughter as if it was the funniest thing they've ever seen before.

 Soda lightly taps my cheek, "You really thought I was going to throw a spider on you?" he chuckled, helping me up.

"You're both jerks." I grunted, dusting off my clothes. I notice the broken vase, "Wait until Darry hears about this."

Things in the house had been a lot better recently, I chalked it down to my own actions. It seemed when I actually behaved myself, the house was a lot calmer. Darry said I'm not grounded anymore. I was hoping that would still stand when he saw the shattered vase. 

In light of the good news, I decided to head back to work earlier than expected. That was the plan to begin with, so I don't know why I seemed so weird over it.

May 4th, 1989. 2:33 P.M.

That afternoon I headed over to the house. I was hoping Brian would be there so I could collect supplies. When I arrived all the blinds were closed, and the front door was unlocked.

When I stepped inside, it was darker than usual. I wondered if anyone was home. I shifted through the rooms, to find emptiness. Not a soul was in here besides myself.

I jumped at the sound of floorboards creaking, and cracked open the two bedrooms. Nobody was inside. They must've left the house for some business. 

Dallas slid a strong arm over my shoulder, and frightened me. "Oh, god!" I shrieked, hitting him in the chest, "You scared the hell out of me!"

Unimpressed, Dallas settles down on the couch, "Ahhh. She speaks." he says, standing up again, "Where've you been?"

"Around." I replied bluntly, biting the inside of my gum. I still hadn't gotten over him and he could tell. 

He backs me against the wall, almost covering me with his body, "You're mad. Why are you mad?"

"I'm not one of your many toys." I spoke timidly, "As you said, it's just a friend thing."

"This is about what we did in the tent. Isn't it?"

I look at him straight, there is a glimpse of sincerity in his eyes, yet they're trailing along my body again. "Maybe..." he caressed my check, "...Just maybe, this once, I was wrong."

I don't know how to deal with this emotion... it's too new... too foreign to me. He strokes my breast, as he did in the tent. I could feel myself falling for him again.

There it was again. His lips curved against mine, as our bodies pressed together so desperately. I feel weak in his hold. He's so strong, his lips, his mouth, tongue and all, even his hands. He kept me upright, when I would've slid down the wall.