41 - We'll be alright

Make sure to read the last chapter  !

Harry Styles

I raced. "Baby, come on, come on," I pleaded, putting the phone to my ear again. "Come on, Grace. Answer the phone." I pulled the phone away, redialing. "goddammit!"

"Call Violet again!" I yelled, white knuckling the steering wheel

"Just get there," Zayn gritted out. "She's not answering her phone."

Violet was outside trying to stop someone from getting into the black car but she couldn't. The guy pushed her and got in the car, driving away.

I stop the car, taking off my seatbelt, we ran out of the car to Violet

"Are you okay?" Zayn asked, helping her up. "Who was that? What happened?"

"Where is Grace?" I shouted

"Aidan" she gasped "that was Aidan" just saying his name made Zayn go crazy, he ran to the car but what Violet said next made him stop. "I heard a gunshot"

My head turned to Grace's house. I took slow hesitant steps towards but blood froze in my veins when I noticed the red stains covering the door handle. It can't be blood.

I rushed into the house. "Harry" Grace's voice called out my name, my head snapped to the living room where she was lying on the floor. I was shaking, time around me was slowing. I ran to her body, falling down on my knees next to her.

Blood. Her dress is covered in blood.

She was smiling at me with tears in her eyes. "Hold me. You make it easier."

"No God please no." I whispered. I didn't even notice when Zayn and Violet walked in. I can't focus on anything. This can't be real. This can't be happening.

"Hey! Look at me!" Violet shouted, scanning her body and pressing her hands to Grace's wound trying to stop the bleeding "You've gotta calm down." Violet told me.

I looked at Zayn who was just standing there shocked "Call a fucking ambulance!" I yelled at him.

I looked back at Grace. I patted her cheek "I can't lose you again" my vision got blurry "I'm not strong enough."

"I'm sorry" she whispered, putting her hand over mine and pulling it to her lips. She planted a weak kiss on my palm. I took her hand in mine and kissed it.

"You guys... you're the best... thing that ever happened ...in my life" she was still smiling "I love...you" She coughed with tears running down her face. "My mom... tell her that... I forgive her"

"You will tell her that yourself, okay?" I squeezed her hand "You'll be alright" I mumbled.

"We'll be alright" she smiled slightly shutting her eyes.

"No! No! Please don't shut your eyes. Please hold on" I sobbed

"I wish we...had more time" she opened her eyes "take care of him...for me" she said looking at Zayn then looking at me "take care...of each other" she mumbled,

"I love you, Harry" and just like that she shut her eyes as her body relaxed in my arms

"Grace!" I yelled.

"Please just stay I'd do anything please don't go"

"Grace please stay" I shouted as tears rolled down my face.

"Grace!"

Violet pulled away. She wiped her tears looking at Grace's body. I looked at her. "Why did you stop" I yelled. "Violet! Why the fuck did you stop?"

She shook her head, tears rolling down her face as she put a hand over her mouth to contain her sobs.

"No" I shouted, looking at Grace again. "Come on, Grace" my eyes got blurry "Grace no please open your eyes" I sobbed, still holding her in my arms "Come on Grace. We didn't go to New York. We didn't make the album. We didn't go on tour. See, there are a lot of things we didn't do. You can't leave now."

Violet and Zayn were arguing in the back. "Please just do something!" Zayn yelled.

"I can't" she said. "There's nothing left to do."

"Just try!"

"I can't! It's too late!" she yelled "She's gone" she sobbed.

She's gone.

She's gone. She's gone. She's gone.

"Grace!" I yelled pulling her closer to me.

"Please don't leave me. Not now. Not like this" It felt like I was choking on my own sobs "I'm sorry I left you before" I wiped my tears "You can't punish me by leaving"

"Grace no please open your eyes" I sniffled, still holding her in my arms "Come on Grace. We're moving to New York tomorrow. You can't leave now. Your dreams haven't come true yet, please." I heard the sirens getting closer "Grace!" I yelled, pulling her even closer to me.

"Grace please open eyes" I cried "Please don't give up not now, please!"

Zayn pulled me away from her and into his arms as the nurses carried Grace's body.

I let her go. They took her away from me.

Blood. There was a lot of blood.

"Please save her" I whimpered "She will make it" I said looking at Zayn "she has to" I sobbed but he didn't say anything in response his eyes were glossy and I saw a single tear running down his cheek while he shook his head.

"No, no she will" I said as I stood up they didn't let me get in the ambulance with her.

I took my car and followed it i was shaking I couldn't even drive but I had to, i had to stay strong for her

I tried to whip my tears with the back of my hand but I just got blood on my face just like I did to the steering wheel.

Blood.

Anger.

Tears.

Sadness.

***

okay but this parallel tho

now there's still just the epilogue :(