5 - Everything you can't control

Grace Woods

"Where is he?" I asked Zayn as I entered his room, he looked confused so I tried to explain "Harry, where is he?"

"Oh yeah he's in his way, just wait for him. I'll be downstairs if you need anything."

"He better not be late. Aidan said he was coming tonight."

"Why is he coming?" he looked annoyed. He never really liked him, he was right.

"I don't know, the last couple days because he was working with his dad, and I was at my house so we couldn't have some time alone." I explained.

"Okay I'll call him" he pulled his phone from his pocket.

"I'll be at the bar" I said before leaving.

I was so nervous, I needed a drink.

"Black huh?" I heard someone whisper from behind me as I felt a hot breath near my ear. I turned around, it was him.

It was Harry.

Having him this close, his face inches from mine, his breath touching my skin. I can feel butterflies in my stomach.

What the fuck! Why am I feeling butterflies in my stomach?

"What?" I was confused, what 'black' was he talking about?

"Your hair, it's black. The last time I saw you it was brown"

"Yeah, I dyed it. Yours is long. Your hair, it used to be shorter."

"Yeah, I let it grow. You don't like it?" he asked.

I don't like it, Harry. I love it.

"No, it's cool. Why did you want to meet? You said you wanted to talk" I changed the subject.

"I don't know. I was drunk, I say a lot of shit when I'm drunk"

"Then why are you here?" why did he actually come if he didn't mean what he said.

"I don't know" he said, taking a sip from my drink.

"Why did you come back?" I asked again. "Work" he simply answered.

I just nodded in response, playing with my fingers. I noticed his painted nails and his rings.

They had his initials.

"Narcissistic" I said under my breath.

"What?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Nothing, I like your rings"

"Are you with Zayn?" he randomly asked. "What?"

"I said are you with Zayn?"

"Yes, I mean no! Wait what do you mean?"

"I mean are you in a relationship?"

"What are you? A six years old? And no I'm not in a relationship with Zayn!"

I saw Aidan coming from behind Harry "Hey beautiful" he kissed me "Sorry for being late" he said putting his hand around my waist.

"Harry! No fucking way!" He said when he actually started paying attention to who I was just talking to.

"Aidan" Harry said with his biggest fake smile as they hugged "it's been a while! What are you doing here?" He asked "Work" he simply said.

"Are you guys together?" Harry asked making eye contact with me "Yeah, why are you surprised?" Aidan jokingly said

"Oh no nothing, I just thought Grace and Zayn were a thing you know"

Son of a bitch! I already told him that there's nothing between me and Zayn.

"No they're just working together you know it's been years now" Aidan said pulling me closer to him

"Do you wanna go home or do you still wanna hang out with him I'll pick you up later if you want" he murmured.

"No it's okay, you can drive me home it's getting late and I'm so tired" I lied, I really wanted to stay but Harry was making it hard for me not to punch him in the face. So going home was for the best.

We were supposed to spend the night together; I acted like I was tired so I can just go home, take a shower and go to sleep.