16 - I want you too

Grace Woods

We had breakfast in absolute silence, i didn't like the fact the wanted to do something but he was still holding back for my sake. I was okay; does he think I can't handle it or something?

I felt bad for him because he had just a towel on "I have something I think would fit you, come with me" we left to the guest's room

"Wasn't this your room?" he asked with a smile

"Yes it used to be mine but I always wanted Claire's room because it's the bigger one and it has a balcony" I said digging in the closet.

"Found it" I handed him the sweatpants and the shirt "I don't have boxers, sorry" I murmured, scratching the back of my neck. He shot me a look, his eyes flickering between me and the clothes

"It's not Aidan's don't worry I never let him spend the night here" I stated looking straight into his eyes to make sure he knows I'm telling the truth.

"I bought them for Zayn" he shot me a confused look "He used to sleepover, and he also have a spare key for the house" I explained "You once asked me if there's something between me and him" I whispered and he just nodded waiting for me to continue.

"There isn't, we just care a lot about each other. And you know how protective he gets when it's about people he loves. But there's something I want to tell you." I don't even know how to explain it but I wanted him to know.

"I want to be completely honest with you" I said still looking at him, he was making it hard for me because he was silent.

"I slept with him" I said quickly no longer looking at him but looking at my hands.

"You and Zayn!" he said, I don't know why he was so surprised if he was the one that thought there's something between us.

"It was three years ago, a one-time thing. We were drunk. And I was devastated I broke up with Aidan because I thought cheated on me and I..." I felt his finger on my lips

"Shhh" he hushed me "You don't have to explain anything to me" he cupped my face with his hands.

We were standing in the middle of the room for a couple minutes without saying anything.

"I have to shower" I broke the silence "I'll let you change" I said pulling away from him

When I got out of the shower I found him lying in my bed, hands behind his head. He got up when he saw me, I was just in a towel "Do you want me to leave so you can change" he asked

"No, stay. I'll change in the bathroom. I just need to take my clothes" I murmured, opening my closet

"Sunshine" he said. I think it's the first time he pays attention to the tattoo on my back.

"I'm usually always staring at you I don't know how I didn't notice" his simple words were enough to draw a large smile on lips. I'm glad my back was to him and he didn't see my face.

"It's probably because my hair is always down" I explained, pulling a dress from my closet, I promised him that I'll only wear dresses when he's around.

"You used to hate when people call you that" he stated, turning on the TV

I turned around "I secretly loved it when my dad called me sunshine. It was special" I smiled at him before going to the bathroom again.

"I already found a movie" he said when I got out. He had that big smile on his lips. It warms my heart.

"The notebook? Again?" I chuckled getting in bed next to him. We watched it like a hundred times"