23 - Pathetic

TW: mention of rape

Grace Woods

I had to walk back to my house. I was so fucking done. My legs hurt so bad, I had to walk for thirty minutes while wearing heels. It was late I was a little scared to walk alone but I was also scared to stop a taxi.

I had a hot shower and changed into an oversized shirt. I poured myself a glass of wine and sat down in my balcony. I was having a moment. My moment.

All I could think about was how Kate was in that towel, in his apartment cooking. I knew what we had was wrong. Why did I think that we can start over from where we left it? We were kids at that time, we're fucking adults now. It's been four years, we should move on.

I was so stupid to tell him about everything. I even told him about something I didn't know about it myself. I need to find out the truth. I was so scared to know what actually happened for four years.

I need to talk to Aidan.

Once and for all. One last time.

I called him. I know it was late but...

"Grace?" he picked up. That was so quick. "Missed me already" he sarcastically said.

"We need to talk" I ignored him.

"Sure do you want me to come over?"

"No! Not now. But tomorrow, in the club I'm not talking to you in an empty place"

"Are you scared of me, baby? We've been together for four years. Do you think I'm going to hurt you" he kept that sarcastic tone.

I am disgusted.

"Goodnight, Aidan" I hung up.

Couple minutes later Harry called. I ignored him again. But he kept on calling, nonstop. I was so tired and so annoyed because he wouldn't stop and I actually was kind of scared if something bad happened to him so I picked up.

"Harry, please I just got home, I'm so tired. We'll talk later" I just wanted to sleep.

"Alright, then when? Please it's urgent." He sounded worried. But whatever he needed could wait. I'm sure he just wants to talk about Kate and I'm not in the mood for him to start apologizing.

I got into my room "I don't know. But not now" I hung up and went to sleep.

***

The next day I got a phone from Harry. He said he really needs to talk to me, so I told him we'll meet at tightrope.

I changed into a pair of jeans and a brown sweatshirt. I wasn't in the mood to dress up or anything and I was going to meet with Aidan too so I didn't want him to think I dressed because I'm seeing him.

As I was about to leave he called me.

"What?"

"I'm waiting for you" he said

"I told you we'll meet in the club." I said

"I know. I'm outside." He hung up.

What does he mean he's outside? Is he here or at the club.

I got outside and his car was there, I got closer to it and he opened the window. "Get in" he smirked.

"I told you we'll meet there. What makes you think I'm going to get in with you?" I asked.

He chuckled "Because if you don't then I'm not talking to you about anything. And you sounded so desperate to talk to me, Grace." he scoffed.

Okay Grace, calm down this is going to be probably the last time you see him. So let it be, get in the car.