27 - Damaged

Grace Woods

What did I do?

I was still heavy breathing because of how he was choking me.

"Don't make this hard for me, Aidan give me the keys and I'll get help" I was still pointing the knife at him.

He smiled.

He fucking smiled at a time like this.

"I'm not giving you anything" he said. I had to look everywhere but I couldn't find it. I heard him laugh. He was bleeding but he somehow found it funny. When I got back downstairs I saw him putting bandage on his leg.

I had to leave this place.

I had to leave now.

I looked over at one of the windows and then at the chairs.

It wasn't good enough to break it. I needed something better. Something like the metal stools in the kitchen.

I rushed to the kitchen taking one of the heavy chairs. Aidan grabbed me by my ankle which made me fall over the chair. I tasted blood. "Don't" he said with clenched teeth. It sounded more like a threat.

I looked at him as I tried to stand up. My chin hurts because of the way it hit the metal. Without thinking twice I hit the glass. It did break but I had to give it another hit and another until it completely shattered.

I went back to where I left the knife. I don't know why but I felt like I needed to take it. Just in case if someone finds him, they won't find the weapon.

I left, and he yelled my name behind me. His car was outside. I wished I had more time to find his keys, maybe then I would've found his car keys and it would've been easier for me to leave.

It was freezing outside. I was just running. I needed to get the hell out of this place. I didn't even look behind me.

I didn't ask for anyone's help here. I didn't knock on any door and I didn't scream for help. I looked like the guilty one. I'm the one that is holding a bloody knife and running away, he was the one that got stabbed.

I didn't want to hurt him. He deserves it for everything he had put me through.

But what if something bad happens to him. What if he dies?

Well, a part of me wants him to die.

But I don't, he's not worth it for me to spend years in prison.

I didn't know how I reached the road. The other side also had a lot of trees.

I was too scared to stop any of these cars. I looked down at the knife; I had to get rid of it. I squat down, digging a hole. I put the knife down and filled back the hole. I wiped my hands in my sweatshirt, now it was all blood and dirt.

I got back to the road and kept walking and looking behind me every two seconds. It was getting dark and I was getting scared. I didn't know where I was or what I'm going to do.

All I was thinking about is Aidan's face when I stabbed him, his psycho laugh and the way he screamed my name when I left.

A car stopped next to me and my heart dropped. I ignored it and kept on walking. But the car still followed.

"Hey are you okay?" an Irish accent spoke "Do you need a ride?" he asked. I turned around, eying up the car. He was alone.

"I'm good" I said.

"Are you serious? Do you think I'm going to leave you in this place alone" he bent over and opened the door "Just get in, I'll give you a ride to wherever you're going"