25 - Cruel

This is the second time I update today so make sure to read the last chapter 
Tw: SA, suicidal thoughts

Grace Woods

Four years ago:

"You're mine, he doesn't deserve you" Aidan muttered through clenched teeth "You've always been mine and you will always be"

"Aidan" I gasped as I felt my ankles hit his bed

"Say that you're mine" he whispered in my ear "I know that you feel the same" he insisted "say it Grace. Just say it" he said with his hands harshly gripping my arms

"I'm yours" I quivered, I was so drunk, and at this point I'm willing to do anything because I just want this to end.

I woke the next morning with a body glued to mine, a hand around my waist holding me still and a hot breath against my skin. I looked down at my body. I was naked.

I don't remember taking off my clothes.

I don't remember anything from last night.

I turned around to see Aidan staring at me "You woke up" he kissed me. I was in shock. I didn't say anything back. I didn't do anything. I was just staring at him.

"Are you tired?" he asked. I kept silence "Come on I think a bath would help" he said carrying my naked body to his bathroom

A bath.

He gave me a bath moving my body like I don't have control over it anymore. I was just there. A doll for him to control.

After that he drove me home. I was still in shock from the accident and losing two loved ones. I still have scars all over my body and after last night I felt so tired. I couldn't move a muscle. I couldn't even cry.

I wasn't supposed to survive that night.

I spent the whole day in my bed and the following day was exactly the same. Until Harry came. It was already dark outside and he didn't want to come in.

I thought about telling him what happened. I always tell him about everything unless I'm feeling down and don't want to talk to anyone. Like that night when I went to my father's grave. But unfortunately for my luck Aidan found me. He promised to take me home and that he won't tell anyone I was there. I still don't know what is so wrong about me visiting my father's grave.

Oh yeah, the wrong thing is that I was drunk. My first time getting drunk. My dad used to get mad at my sister when she drank. She's just a year older than me but we're nothing alike. It was me kind of punishing him for leaving, or punishing myself for surviving.

Maybe I should tell Harry. We'll figure this out together, we always do.

I hugged him as soon as I saw him, leaning against his car.

He didn't hug me back. "Where you with Aidan last night?" he broke the hug.

"What?" I mumbled taking a step back

"I said were you with Aidan last night?"

"I was at my dad's grave last night"

"Stop lying, Grace. Just tell me! Did you spend the night at his house?" his voice started getting louder.

"Yes, but I was drunk, I don't..."

"Are you fucking kidding me!" he yelled, interrupting me "You slept with my best friend"

"I didn't" I whispered

"Stop lying!" he shouted.

"I'm not" I took a step forward, but he took a step back.

"He told everyone that he was with you. He talked about it like we weren't a thing and when I asked him he simply confirmed it and admitted that you slept together and told me not to tell anyone" he said with a cold tone, crossing his arms

"I'm arguing with my parents every day because of you" he yelled once more

"Stop yelling please" I said calmly, not wanting to piss him off .

"But you just decided to cheat on me with Aidan and the thing that hurts the most is that you are publicly together. Did you do that because I just never asked you to be my girlfriend?" he wasn't listening to me. He didn't want to listen to me.

"Harry" I pleaded.

"I told you that I loved you! We spent a night together!"

"I love you too" I yelled but he didn't seem to care.

"Was I even your first time?" he took a step forward.

"Let me explain!" I said, his face was inches away from mine.

"You're a traitor you slept with my best friend" he pushed me "do you know how much I tried to forget about everything that is wrong with you. I get it. Your father just died, you're emotional but that doesn't allow you to go cheat on me with my goddamn best friend. I'm not talking with my family because of you. Because I don't want to leave!"

He tried to forget about everything that is wrong with me.

What is wrong with me?

"I will never forgive you!" he snapped

He doesn't understand. He just wants to believe what he heard. He chose to believe him over me, without hearing my side of the story

"Stop please"

"I fucking hate you!" And just like that he turned his back and walked away.

"Harry!" I called his name "Please just stay I'd do anything please don't go" "Harry please stay" I shouted as tears rolled down my face "Harry!"

He walked away without listening to me, without letting me explain.

I thought he was the one that is going to help me with this. He walked away.

Eventually my mom made me go back to school after a week; it's been two weeks since the accident now she said life goes on. I think she only meant that for me not for her because apparently she won't move on. At all.

Harry never wanted to see me, even in the hallways. He completely ignored me till graduation. He left for college without saying goodbye.

It felt like I had no one anymore. My dad and my sister died. My mom is obviously still grieving. The only boy I have ever loved doesn't want to have anything to do with me anymore.

I wish I died that night too.

I'm glad there's still Violet and Zayn.

And Aidan who didn't want to leave my side anymore. He's always there. Everywhere.

Didn't tell violet that Harry left because he thinks I was cheating on him.

Zayn on the other hand. He knew something was wrong and when I tried to explain it to him I couldn't because I realized that I still don't remember anything besides saying "I'm yours" to Aidan so he could finally leave me alone. Zayn didn't force me to talk; he just said he believes me and that he will always be by my side.

I was just trying to figure things out.

But I guess I really cheated on Harry even if I don't remember anything.

I don't remember how me and Aidan became a couple. But he was always there and everyone at school knew that we were together.

***

I got really attached to Grace's character :"(

I made an edit to this chapter you can find it on my tiktok (it's the same user) and if you're here from tiktok then hey ;)

Anyways I hope everyone is enjoying the story

Love you

<3