40 - Beautiful things

Harry Styles

I lean against the bedroom door frame. Watching Grace peacefully sleeping. She always looks so pretty. And seeing her like this makes it hard for me to wake her up.

I sit down on the bed next to her, softly playing with her hair. She slowly opened her eyes. "Good morning" she smiled.

"Morning" I said, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Happy birthday, love." I leaned down, bringing her face closer to mine. She shook her head, slowly pushing me away.

"What?" I shoot her a confused look.

"Morning breath" she said.

"I don't care" I smirked.

"But I do" she got up from bed. "Wait a minute" she got into the bathroom and came out five minutes later. "Okay, now I washed my face and my teeth." She got on top of my lap, putting her knees next to each of my thighs. "I'm all good now" she bit her lower lip, pulling me by my neck as she kissed me.

My heart pounds in my chest every time our lips touch. I could only focus on how soft she felt against my mouth. The warm feeling of her breath was inviting.

I don't know who pulled away first but we were out of breath. With my forehead against hers we tried to catch our breath. "Come on I have a surprise for you in the living room" I said as I stood up, wrapping her legs around my body. We walked into the living room. I put her down and make her spin by her shoulders.

She looks at the table, she looks at me. She looks back at the table then she looks at me again. I can see the joy in her eyes. She looked like a little kid who got their Christmas presents.

She puts a hand over her mouth and looks at the cake. "Did you make this?" she whispered, facing me.

I nodded. "Oh my god Harry this is so sweet." She said, getting on her tippy toes and softly kissed my cheek. "How did you do it? It looks amazing."

"Well, I woke up at five in the morning and watched hundreds of videos just to make it. But I just don't want you to go into the kitchen because it's a complete mess."

She laughed "Okay I won't. Did you make coffee?" Grace asked.

"Yeah I left it in the kitchen, I'll grab it"

"Okay and I'll grab my phone."

We sat down on the table. But she's still on her phone, she looked disappointed. "Is everything okay?" I asked.

She showed me her phone "Look" I looked at the 'Joyeux anniversaire. I'll be there in three days, love you' text. "It's my mom and she's the first one that sent me a birthday text. It was supposed to be Violet"

"I don't get it" I shot her a confused look.

"Violet is supposed to be the first one to send me a text and now she's in the second place because of my mom" she complained "I know it looks childish but she's doing too much saying she will be here in three days, I don't wanna see her"

I took her hands in mine "Then don't. Look, it's your birthday. I'm not letting anyone ruin it for you. And I don't want to see you sad anymore."

She smiled "Do you have candles?"

"Do you wanna blow some" I smirked.

She bit on her lower lip giving me a slow nod.

"Okay but seriously you'll do it later tonight. Grace stop looking at me like that I'm talking about the candles"

"Yeah but then we'll be around people and I wanna do it now so it could be a me and you thing"

"Okay" I smiled "I think there's some in the kitchen"